babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Gremlins - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Gremlins (/Thread-Gremlins)

Pages: 1 2

Gremlins - Rangerj - 28-05-2012 12:39am

Eco Stop has ceased operations and cruise control co2 graph has vanished too ,having had five discos across all models it looks like Land Rover have not improved on reliability with the Evoque , should have gone for the Q5 !!

RE: Gremlins - cjfp - 28-05-2012 07:09am

Graph can be turned off via menu - have you checked this?

Eco - won't work if the 'draw' is too much. It has been very hot, have you had aircon on meaning high draw?

RE: Gremlins - Rangerj - 28-05-2012 08:46am

(28-05-2012 07:09am)cjfp Wrote:  Graph can be turned off via menu - have you checked this?

Eco - won't work if the 'draw' is too much. It has been very hot, have you had aircon on meaning high draw?

hi
even with all 'draw' turned off still no eco stop ,

RE: Gremlins - cjfp - 28-05-2012 08:55am

I know there is a temp below which it won't work - I wonder if there is a similar upper temp? Will look at manual when home.

RE: Gremlins - ChuckieB - 28-05-2012 10:39am

certainly in this hot weather I have noticed the eco stop start is not kicking in with the same frequency. I would suggest it is probably working as it is designed to.

RE: Gremlins - Rangerj - 28-05-2012 02:13pm

(28-05-2012 10:39am)ChuckieB Wrote:  certainly in this hot weather I have noticed the eco stop start is not kicking in with the same frequency. I would suggest it is probably working as it is designed to.

it's only a max of 17c here so should not be too hot for the system to work it didn't work for last few weeks even at 8c , booked in to dealer for tomorrow so will know then

RE: Gremlins - cjfp - 28-05-2012 06:27pm

From handbook

CONDITIONS PREVENTING
AUTOMATIC ENGINE STOP
The engine will not automatically stop if:-
• the external temperature is below
approximately 0°C (32°F)
• the external temperature is above
approximately40°C (104°F)
• engine has not reached operating
temperature
• driver’s seat belt is not fastened
• driver’s door is not fully closed
• the driver’s foot is on either the clutch or
accelerator pedals
• climate control system demand is high
• battery charge is low
• the DPF is regenerating
• HDC or a Terrain Response special
program are selected
Note: The stop/start system is disabled when a
trailer electrical connection is made.

RE: Gremlins - PhilSkill - 28-05-2012 10:52pm

Drivers seat belt not fastened!?

Guess its if you want to leave engine running when not in the car as surely safer to stop engine if driver not belted up! it doesnt restart if you remove the belt since I regularly pull up, the eco cuts in then i remove the belt, causing a display to come up asking for "ok", before switching car off, doesnt restart.

Eco is a bit random, I wish the car showed when dpf was regenerating and when eco system was active/inactive! Two for The list..,

RE: Gremlins - Rangerj - 30-05-2012 12:12am

At Dealer today they said if battery power runs low due to leaving vehicle parked unlocked,lights on or when driving with fan running and lights on the charging system is not good enough to keep battery topped up to required level to activate eco stop even though it had done 900km in previous 3 days. they put it on a charger for a few hours and guess what it worked , was also told the eco will not work if air-con is on (not true) because it worked on way home with air con running . So it looks like the Evoque Eco-Stop is only suitable for Spring or Autumn driving. what a pile of **** this Evoque is turning out to be, at least the Discovery was ok all year round!!!

RE: Gremlins - PhilSkill - 30-05-2012 02:09pm

I have turned on air-con while in Eco-stop and the engine restarted without depressing the clutch, so dealer is not entirely wrong, starting the air-con will trip the "climate control system demand is high" from the list cjfp posted above but if the car is near to set temperature it likely wont trip on that function.

I doubt this is any different from any other vehicle with Eci-stop, and wouldn't class it as a pile of ... as you say. It's be more likely to be that pile if it didn't start because the battery was flat cause you left it unlocked with the lights on etc rather than the Eco didn't save you a few millgrams of fuel at the lights.

Yes Eco-worked less in the winter, but it still worked.