babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Detailing recommendations near Watford? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Detailing recommendations near Watford? (/Thread-Detailing-recommendations-near-Watford)

Pages: 1 2

Detailing recommendations near Watford? - FujiSan - 15-05-2012 09:13pm

Mine is due anytime over the next week or two and like many others here I am thinking of protecting it right from the start. Can anyone recommend a detailer near the Watford area?

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - Evo-king - 15-05-2012 10:59pm

I used a GTechniq authorised detailer.

I'm one happy customer.

You can find them here.

http://service.gtechniq.com/where/

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - Daglass - 16-05-2012 09:53am

I used GTechniq products on mine and I'm delighted with the results.
The brake dust just slides off the alloys

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - BTS18 - 16-05-2012 11:17am

I also used Gtechniq on the car and am very happy with the results. I used 'Exclusive Car Care' detailers, nice guy, very accommodating and does a superb job.

Check out........

http://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - FujiSan - 16-05-2012 12:26pm

Gtechniq seems to be looking good then!

I will certainly look over these suggestions, many thanks for the replies.

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - evoquemayne - 16-05-2012 12:38pm

Useful thread, I want a dealership detailer aswell, and around the watford area would suit.

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - BTS18 - 16-05-2012 05:52pm

(16-05-2012 12:38pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  Useful thread, I want a dealership detailer aswell, and around the watford area would suit.

I booked a detailer to go to the dealership and prep the car. I turned down the offer from the dealership to have them do it. I find the private detailers are professional and conscientious IMO. Also the dealerships charge more.

Also tell your dealership to leave all the protective white plastic in place, and not to attempt to clean the car other than PDI.

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - Evo-king - 16-05-2012 09:06pm

Bang on BTS.

We asked for similar from our dealer, who in fairness to them would have allowed our detailer to do his work there but we were away when the car came in.

Anyhow, they only washed the car, all plastic protectors removed, when our detailer got to look at it there were swirl marks everywhere and a scratched bonnet, all sorted our by our detailer, but we paid for the privilege.

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - Andy_A - 16-05-2012 09:24pm

The Gtechniq HQ is in Kings Langley, so not very far from Watford....A couple of miles?

RE: Detailing recommendations near Watford? - ChuckieB - 17-05-2012 12:07am

Am almost tempted to take a look in myself as it's only a mile or so from my front door!