babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts (/Forum-Humour-Rants-Pointless-Posts)
+---- Thread: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! (/Thread-Given-the-BIG-lottery-win-what-vehicles-would-you-choose-Slightly-Evoque-related)

Pages: 1 2

Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - ant - 12-07-2011 06:40am

I'm abroad, can't sleep, jet lagged, bored etc, so I've been thinking what cars I'll get when (if) I win the 166million tonight!Laughing
My list would be as follows:
1. Bentley Mulsanne
2. Range Rover Autobiography Limited
3. Aston Martin Virage
4. I'd keep the Evoque coming!!!
5. New Defender replacement (when it's released)
6. Lambo (got to have one)Laughing

I've already got my dream Triumph Stag, but other classics I would get are:
1. Original E Type (but modernised)
2. Triumph TR6
3. Mini Cooper S (original ... not BMW)
4. TVR Cerbera

I've limited my list to 6 + 4 classics, although there are dozens of cars I crave.Embarrassed
I've never been keen on owning Ferraris, Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, etc etc. Although they are special in their own way, I'm just a sort of British car fan!Rolling Eyes

Not a great fan of American cars either, but if pushed, I'd have a 1968 Mustang Fastback, a new Shelby Mustang GT500 or a new Corvette Z06.
I'd also hunt down a 1971 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am 455 HO that I used to own when I was a boy. Loved the car but it did 7mpg!!! (TLY 14M if anyone knows its whereabouts, let me know.)Wink

Thinking about it more, I'd probably order another Evoque. A Dynamic Coupe in Fuji with 18" wheels with MTRs and all done up for off-roading - awesome.Twisted Evil

In fact the more I think about it the more cars I'd like to have. However I think for the purposes of this thread and Forum, I'll limit my choices to the listed 6 + 4 above. Cool

Over to you.LaughingLaughing
Ant
BTW, it's 3am where I am!

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - cjfp - 12-07-2011 11:18am

The Pontiac still appears to be 'active' as it shows up on the Congestion Charge website.

Even more interesting, if you Google the numberplate, you come across a post about some guy who used to own 2 Trans Ams and named them Willy and Tilly - I wonder who that could be !! LaughingLaughing

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - ant - 12-07-2011 04:30pm

(12-07-2011 11:18am)cjfp Wrote:  The Pontiac still appears to be 'active' as it shows up on the Congestion Charge website.

Even more interesting, if you Google the numberplate, you come across a post about some guy who used to own 2 Trans Ams and named them Willy and Tilly - I wonder who that could be !! LaughingLaughing

Good God!!!!ShockedShocked
I've googled it but can find no link to all those years ago.
That's correct, I had 2 x 1971 Firebirds when I was young(er). One was a 350 cu in Esprit, and the other was a 455 HO Trans Am in beautiful pearlescent white with a blue stripe.
Worth a lot of money these days, but I traded it for my first Range Rover in 1983 (I think?).

The black car was WLY 652M and the white one TLY 14M ....... hence Tilly and Willy.LaughingLaughing

@cjfp - How did googling the number plate lead you to that info?

AntVery Happy

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - ant - 13-07-2011 11:04am

Well it wasn't me, but someone in the UK now has 161 million to spend. I guess the Bentley will have to wait and I'll have to "make do" with the Evoque ... hard times ahead!!!
ANT

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - cjfp - 13-07-2011 01:22pm

I just googled "TLY 14M" (in speech marks) and got 3 references. One link to this forum and another to:-

http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-generation-mini-cooper/15248-have-you-named-your-mini-5.html
I just googled "TLY 14M" (in speech marks) and got 3 references. One link to this forum and another to:-

http://www.mini2.com/forum/first-generation-mini-cooper/15248-have-you-named-your-mini-5.html

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - ant - 13-07-2011 09:23pm

Good God .... again!LaughingLaughingLaughing
I can't even remember what we called the MINI. Rolling Eyes

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - evoqueboy - 14-07-2011 08:18pm

I'd go for an Evoque in every colour just to p!ss off the neighbours! lol Smile

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - paulus599 - 15-07-2011 02:49pm

Well I didn't win it, but if it happens next time then :-

1. Ferrari 599 (hence my user name)
2. Ariel Atom V8
3. Nissan GT-R
4. Evoque (of course)
5. Mclaren MP4-12C
6. Mercedes SLS

My classic list is similar to Ant's :-

1. Eagle Speedster (rebuild of original 1966 E Type)
2. Triumph TR5
3. Aston Martin DB5
4. MGB GT V8

Could probably list hundred's more, but they are the ones that spring to mind.

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - ant - 15-07-2011 06:27pm

Nice list paulus - I'd also be tempted by the McLaren. I'd have to swap that for the Lambo - then it's all Brit cars.

RE: Given the BIG lottery win, what vehicles would you choose. (Slightly Evoque related)! - paulus599 - 15-07-2011 11:24pm

(15-07-2011 06:27pm)ant Wrote:  Nice list paulus - I'd also be tempted by the McLaren. I'd have to swap that for the Lambo - then it's all Brit cars.

Ah yes, I hadn't spotted that Ant.
Re-viewing my list, I must prefer to spread my 'cash' around to all the other struggling economy's out there. Very Happy