babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted (/Thread-Few-pics-with-towbar-bike-rack-fitted)

Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - ED209 - 08-05-2012 06:39pm

Just in case anyone considering this option here are a few pics of my car with witter zx300 bike rack fitted to the rear. Its solid as a rock but i need to take the car back to the tow bar fitters as i really think they should have cut a few mm out of the bumper when fitting it.

[Image: dsc0376aq.jpg]

[Image: dsc0378p.jpg]

[Image: dsc0384k.jpg]

RE: Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - Barneyridge - 10-05-2012 12:52pm

Geeze those are very big racks. I much prefer the roof mounted option. Is that a anthem I see ???
My bad, just saw the first pic and noticed it was a Trance. Nice, I have a 2010 Trance, awesome bikes, mine has been through heaps without issue.

RE: Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - ED209 - 11-05-2012 07:27am

(10-05-2012 12:52pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Geeze those are very big racks. I much prefer the roof mounted option. Is that a anthem I see ???
My bad, just saw the first pic and noticed it was a Trance. Nice, I have a 2010 Trance, awesome bikes, mine has been through heaps without issue.

roof mounted option means more chance of damaging the car and more hassle getting them on and off. Had a roof mounted rack on my partners juke and it was a pain in the ass to get bikes on and off.

You are close with the anthem, its a trance.

Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - Filski - 11-05-2012 07:45am

Nice, same as what I'm looking to do. Just happen to have an anthem x1.

RE: Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - PapaRod - 03-06-2012 07:45pm

Can I ask which brand you chose for your bar? Thule?

(08-05-2012 06:39pm)ED209 Wrote:  Just in case anyone considering this option here are a few pics of my car with witter zx300 bike rack fitted to the rear. Its solid as a rock but i need to take the car back to the tow bar fitters as i really think they should have cut a few mm out of the bumper when fitting it.

[Image: dsc0376aq.jpg]

[Image: dsc0378p.jpg]

[Image: dsc0384k.jpg]

RE: Few pics with towbar bike rack fitted - RRSteve - 26-02-2014 12:11pm

It looks a good fit. I was thinking of one for mine until a guy I know who is a mountain bike downhill racer said he always puts his bike in the car now! He dumped his rack after someone followed him home from a meeting once and that night they broke in and stole his bike! He knew this was the case as apparently amongst his fellow racers this was a thing that had been happening at race meetings that month!