babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Warning sound on double lock - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Warning sound on double lock (/Thread-Warning-sound-on-double-lock)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Warning sound on double lock - The Valeter - 06-05-2012 11:04pm

Mine seems loud enough too.

RE: Warning sound on double lock - Barneyridge - 09-05-2012 12:07pm

Mine is very loud like some of the others, was thinking if I could turn the volume down.

RE: Warning sound on double lock - ogpurestyle - 09-05-2012 12:13pm

I have found that if I press the lock button twice before the mirrors have folded I get the "beep" but if I wait until the mirrors have folded before pressing the lock button again I do not get the "beep".

Do others have the same ?

RE: Warning sound on double lock - cjfp - 09-05-2012 12:30pm

Does that mean that your second press is actually just trying to undertake a first stage lock again rather than undertaking a double lock as you intend ??

RE: Warning sound on double lock - ogpurestyle - 09-05-2012 12:43pm

(09-05-2012 12:30pm)cjfp Wrote:  Does that mean that your second press is actually just trying to undertake a first stage lock again rather than undertaking a double lock as you intend ??

My understanding was that it does achieve the "double lock" but I am not sure how this can be checked.
(09-05-2012 12:43pm)ogpurestyle Wrote:  My understanding was that it does achieve the "double lock" but I am not sure how this can be checked.

Having reread the manual it states that the second press must be within 3 seconds for it to double lock so you may well be correct re a retry of the 1st stage lock. Is there a way of confirming ?

RE: Warning sound on double lock - PhilSkill - 09-05-2012 01:58pm

Yes a double press (press twice within ~3 seconds) causes the double lock (internal sensors to activate) you get a beep and a longer flash of the lights. If you press a second time when already locked after the 3 seconds you dont get the beep, you don't get the extra long flash of the lights and (I therefore assume) you don't get the internal sensors.