babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Letter of suggestions to LR - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Letter of suggestions to LR (/Thread-Letter-of-suggestions-to-LR)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Letter of suggestions to LR - XFullFatTim - 18-04-2012 11:56am

Thanks to Philskill for the hard work in compiling and editing all the posts, at Phil's suggestion I have also added two more questions.

See post 15 for the latest version of the letter

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - mark_n - 18-04-2012 05:11pm

(18-04-2012 11:56am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Attached (hopefully) is the final version of "The List"

Thanks to Philskill for the hard work in compiling and editing all the posts, at Phil's suggestion I have also added two more questions.

I agree there's a lot of good stuff in here. Instead of submitting the whole list, I think it would be better for us to identity through a vote the 10 most popular suggestions and put those to LR in the first instance. In particular, the car is built down to a price, as every car is, so that many of the suggestions would have a price tag associated with them and this might influence preferences.

Some think, for example, the glove box lid isn't good enough (I am not among them) and if it added £10, most would bite. But what bout £100?

When I did this for a product I had developed, I got more than 100 suggestions which made for entertaining reading but there were only a handful from multiple users and a smaller number still of ones which really stood out. I implemented those and the punters were pleased.

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - PhilSkill - 18-04-2012 05:29pm

Thanks Tim for putting the poll up, and can't forget thanks to olde who really put the initial list together and is doing the groundwork trying to get LR's interest.

I'd agree Mark, there is stuff in there that myself I would not include as it's obviously impractical, too costly or unlikely to be a popular modification, but who is any one person to judge this, that's LR's job to a certain degree.

I had considered splitting it into 3 sections, (but time is as always in short supply)
1 - Software updates we'd like on our current Evoques (the original reason olde started this).
2 - Improvements that could feed into the design of a revamp of the model
3 - Other Ideas and owner perceptions

Letter of suggestions to LR - snksnk - 18-04-2012 05:31pm

A Software update without visiting the local dealer would be nice.. Or a jailbreak like feature;p sms through touch screen.. Etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - XFullFatTim - 18-04-2012 06:29pm

TBH, I'm sure that LR's boffins have just about picked themselves up off the floor after reading what has been posted already(shocked at all the things people think need to be fixed on what LR thinks is a "perfect" product!), and the bean counters will have decided those items that will have an on cost or are too expensive as the thread has been going for some time.
I agree that the list should be whittled down to say the top 10 most popular upgrades members would like to see applied. Of course I'm sure no one would actually want to pay any extra to have them too, but in reality some of them are really wishes. Maybe we should have the top ten items we think should be "standard/free" upgrades and the top ten we would be prepared to pay extra to have.

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - LDT - 18-04-2012 06:33pm

I wonder if Martin has stats of how many visitors the forum receives? If so, this could be added to the covering letter which would add weight to the fact that potential buyers are aware of "The List".

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - griff - 18-04-2012 08:14pm

I think it should be sent in its entirety as LR may well have different views to us on what is and is not possible/ feasable.

I should have added adaptable cruise control to the list Tim

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - cjfp - 18-04-2012 08:22pm

^ +1

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - Biker - 18-04-2012 11:46pm

I'm not convinced the whole list should be sent without some sort of severity level of interest/complaint.
One person's complaint costing a complete unit re-design is not always practical and it would carry more weight if say 95% of forum members complained about fuel consumption as oppose to one person wanting red led's in the back.

DAB reception might also not be something JLR has control over and unless some concrete evidence exists, it might not be taken too serious.

On a side note: No-one asked for a phone app to allow software and firmware update via evoque built-in Wi-Fi?

RE: Letter of suggestions to LR - olde - 22-04-2012 01:13am

For the poll questions, could we perhaps list some of the most popular improvement suggestions; then ask members to vote on which improvement they would MOST like to see fixed or upgraded? Each vote could then ALSO count as part of the overall petition.

Also, should we close the previous thread that started The List, and point that thread to your new "sticky"?