babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear Camera activation speed - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Rear Camera activation speed (/Thread-Rear-Camera-activation-speed)

Pages: 1 2

Rear Camera activation speed - RacingSnake - 14-04-2012 09:51am

Mine is near as damnit instant.

that is all Laughing

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - cjfp - 14-04-2012 09:55am

My camera is near instant - its my beeps that take a few seconds to kick in.

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - RacingSnake - 14-04-2012 10:13am

I haven't noticed any issues there really either?! :S

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - Coolbanana - 14-04-2012 03:03pm

Yes, rear camera is pretty quick to activate; almost instant.

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - mark_n - 14-04-2012 04:34pm

I think the concern is mainly if you start the car, go instantly into reverse, then there is a delay because the centre display is sill booting up. I agree normally, it's OK. If that initial delay has been fixed, there may be a software update on later cars.

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - gw76 - 14-04-2012 04:47pm

Yes that is my only issue, when you need it quickest to get on your way there is a noticeable and annoying lag

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - RacingSnake - 14-04-2012 04:56pm

I'll try that and report back Smile

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - Donny Dog - 14-04-2012 05:45pm

(14-04-2012 04:34pm)mark_n Wrote:  I think the concern is mainly if you start the car, go instantly into reverse, then there is a delay because the centre display is sill booting up. I agree normally, it's OK. If that initial delay has been fixed, there may be a software update on later cars.

Mine takes just as long to disappear when I've finished reversing and changed to 'D'. I can drive a short distance with the rear view still on.

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - cjfp - 14-04-2012 05:49pm

@DonnyDog - I believe it's designed like that so if you are parking, going back and forth a bit a couple of times, then it doesn't turn off each time you go into drive and then have to switch on again when you go into reverse again. There's a forward motion trigger to switch it off (can't remember if it is speed or distance or time)

RE: Rear Camera activation speed - Donny Dog - 14-04-2012 06:09pm

(14-04-2012 05:49pm)cjfp Wrote:  @DonnyDog - I believe it's designed like that so if you are parking, going back and forth a bit a couple of times, then it doesn't turn off each time you go into drive and then have to switch on again when you go into reverse again. There's a forward motion trigger to switch it off (can't remember if it is speed or distance or time)

Aaaah, that makes sense, thanks!