babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? (/Thread-Does-the-ipod-usb-socket-only-work-with-an-actual-ipod)

Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - ED209 - 06-04-2012 05:54pm

My memory stick works fine in the usb port but not in the one marked ipod. Although the port appears to be a standard usb to me is it ipod specific?

RE: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - Land Rover Techy - 06-04-2012 06:42pm

(06-04-2012 05:54pm)ED209 Wrote:  My memory stick works fine in the usb port but not in the one marked ipod. Although the port appears to be a standard usb to me is it ipod specific?

hi, to me they look identical but if they are labelled there is a chance there is a reason behind it

RE: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - PhilSkill - 06-04-2012 11:21pm

Yep its iPod specific USB stick does not work in that port, you can probably use it to charge a device though. No???

RE: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - pureevoque - 07-04-2012 11:29am

yes it does work as a charging socket

RE: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - masmullin - 09-04-2012 06:37pm

I've used a USB stick successfully in both ports.

RE: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - cjfp - 19-04-2012 06:16pm

ok - had a play the other night and my Cruzer 16gb USB stick DOES (yes, DOES) also work in the ipod socket - it did take a while (30secs and don't think there was a 'Connecting' message on the screen )to connect but it did work with full functionality of the usb socket. Next experiment is to put another usb stick into original socket and see how it goes.

RE: Does the ipod usb socket only work with an actual ipod? - cjfp - 21-04-2012 01:05pm

Been and played. USB works in both slots BUT you can't have 2 installed and choose/switch between the 2..... at least, I couldn't get it to do so.

In this instance I would be really happy to be proved wrong.
Surely an easy IT change for LR / Meridian?