babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket (/Thread-List-of-Memory-sticks-micro-drives-that-will-will-not-work-in-Evoque-s-USB-socket)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - smayo - 06-05-2012 08:43am

Straydox,

It's USB 2.0.

Found this in the manual:

USB VIDEO
The vehicle system will play video files stored
on USB 2.0 devices recorded in MPEG4 DivX 3,
4, 5, 5.2, 6.0 or MPEG4 XVid only

Couldn't find any other reference, but if it uses 2.0 for video then it can supply the needed power for all uses.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - crimson_flames - 08-05-2012 06:27am

Hi Smayo,

I've got a dynamic with the standard 380w meridian sound and no nav. Would i be able to watch video from usb?

List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - 3V0QU3 - 08-05-2012 02:53pm

(13-04-2012 04:29pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Can anyone advise what if any advantage there is of using a USB stick over an Iphone, although the iphone works fine and streams the music via bluetooth the system doesn't allow you to see the albums and playlists, does a USB stick let you browse and see the tracks better?

Using you iPhone over Bluetooth is not as good quality as plugging it in or using a USB stick, but using a USB stick as someone else pointed out means you can't browse by artist, title or genre, just browse folder. I use a USB stick most of the time for convenience but on lo get journeys plug my phone in, charges the phone as well.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - smayo - 08-05-2012 08:08pm

(08-05-2012 06:27am)crimson_flames Wrote:  Hi Smayo,

I've got a dynamic with the standard 380w meridian sound and no nav. Would i be able to watch video from usb?

Sorry, I don't know. It might, but without the dual screen it would only work while stationary anyway.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - PhilSkill - 08-05-2012 10:58pm

Yes DivX video from usb when stationary until it turns off after 10 mins.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - Straydox - 16-05-2012 05:56pm

OK, only two days in but USB sound working perfectly:

Two sources tested - a 32Gb SD card (came with USB adaptor) 32Gb SD card and reader link

And a 64Gb SSD OCZ Agility 3 - in a USB caddy with a double USB power lead OCZ Agility3 SSD link

Long term and if it remains reliable then the SSD will be the source because I'll be ripping music DVDs to DivX.

Both the card and the SSD are fomatted as FAT32 and the music is 192Kbps MP3 ripped using Windows Media player - and some DVD audio rips (IMTOO DVD Audio ripper) also at 192Kbps.

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB Flash Drive - kkzt190 - 20-05-2012 07:27pm

The SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB works a real treat - bought some from Amazon as prevfiously recommended - really swift delivery and a perfect fit for the USB connector, taking up virtually no space.

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - Straydox - 20-05-2012 09:57pm

(16-05-2012 05:56pm)Straydox Wrote:  OK, only two days in but USB sound working perfectly:

Two sources tested - a 32Gb SD card (came with USB adaptor) 32Gb SD card and reader link

And a 64Gb SSD OCZ Agility 3 - in a USB caddy with a double USB power lead OCZ Agility3 SSD link

Long term and if it remains reliable then the SSD will be the source because I'll be ripping music DVDs to DivX.

Both the card and the SSD are fomatted as FAT32 and the music is 192Kbps MP3 ripped using Windows Media player - and some DVD audio rips (IMTOO DVD Audio ripper) also at 192Kbps.

My 60GB SSD is still working perfectly - no hangups, though I do note that it seems to take a minute or so to resume playback after an engine restart, I'm guessing that the system re-indexes all folders each time and hence the delay - the disk is about half full right now. Some 30GB of MP3s and a couple of DivX files.

I am using one of these cables to provide dual power inputs to the disk Startech dual USB to Mini USB cable link

Re: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - JoBro - 23-05-2012 02:42am

I got myself a Sandisk 32gb Fit drive for about $25 delivered on ebay and it works perfectly, no delays or slowdowns, and the only issue is trying to remove it as its so small.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

RE: List of Memory sticks & micro-drives that will/will not work in Evoque's USB socket - Morgs - 25-05-2012 08:52am

Got a verbatim 16gb mini memory stick from Tesco at £11. Great especially because its so tiny at half the width and length of other memory sticks.