babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tracker - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Tracker (/Thread-Tracker)

Pages: 1 2

Tracker - Charlie - 23-06-2011 06:59am

Never had such an expensive car before Rolling Eyes

Anything thinking of adding a tracking device?

Thoughts and comments.....

RE: Tracker - cjfp - 23-06-2011 07:02am

Got it on the Porsche - never used it! It really depends on the 'crime' profile of your location.

RE: Tracker - griff - 23-06-2011 08:35am

Got it on the Beemer but as a condition of insurance. Keeps premiums down but costs £135 a year subscription.
I have never had call to use it and to be honest, where I live is a wate of time.

If you do get one make sure it has GPS tracking as well as radio beacon otherwise it will be down to chance as to whether a cop car picks up a signal once activated. GPS is more expensive but what's the point of having Tracker if the only way you will get your car back is by a chance drive by?
Cheers

RE: Tracker - cjfp - 23-06-2011 12:23pm

(23-06-2011 08:35am)griff Wrote:  Got it on the Beemer but as a condition of insurance. Keeps premiums down but costs £135 a year subscription.
I have never had call to use it and to be honest, where I live is a wate of time.

If you do get one make sure it has GPS tracking as well as radio beacon otherwise it will be down to chance as to whether a cop car picks up a signal once activated. GPS is more expensive but what's the point of having Tracker if the only way you will get your car back is by a chance drive by?
Cheers

Any premium reduction I was offered was outweighed by the membership cost.

RE: Tracker - griff - 23-06-2011 12:40pm

(23-06-2011 12:23pm)cjfp Wrote:  
(23-06-2011 08:35am)griff Wrote:  Got it on the Beemer but as a condition of insurance. Keeps premiums down but costs £135 a year subscription.

Cheers

Any premium reduction I was offered was outweighed by the membership cost.
Have a go at Swiftcover if you have not already - they were good for me
Cheers

RE: Tracker - Charlie - 23-06-2011 03:56pm

(23-06-2011 07:02am)cjfp Wrote:  Got it on the Porsche - never used it! It really depends on the 'crime' profile of your location.

Of course wouldn't need it where I live Very Happy
It's visiting the rough old areas of the North East that bothers me Laughing

I see Land Rover's version is called 'watch' does anyone know if that's just rebranded and from what?

RE: Tracker - paulus599 - 23-06-2011 06:55pm

(23-06-2011 03:56pm)Charlie Wrote:  Of course wouldn't need it where I live Very Happy

You know, I could be quite hurt by that. Crying

I don't think it would be much good around here tho, the car would be totally stripped and, apart from the bit the tracker is attached to, off in a container somewhere before the GPS even found it! Confused

RE: Tracker - griff - 23-06-2011 09:34pm

(23-06-2011 06:55pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(23-06-2011 03:56pm)Charlie Wrote:  Of course wouldn't need it where I live Very Happy

You know, I could be quite hurt by that. Crying

I don't think it would be much good around here tho, the car would be totally stripped and, apart from the bit the tracker is attached to, off in a container somewhere before the GPS even found it! Confused
Ouch

RE: Tracker - Charlie - 23-06-2011 10:33pm

Sorry! Confused

RE: Tracker - vinda - 24-06-2011 12:42am

(23-06-2011 03:56pm)Charlie Wrote:  
(23-06-2011 07:02am)cjfp Wrote:  Got it on the Porsche - never used it! It really depends on the 'crime' profile of your location.

Of course wouldn't need it where I live Very Happy

I see Land Rover's version is called 'watch' does anyone know if that's just rebranded and from what?

I thought it would be better to get a tracker if you live in a "posh" area as if your car warrants a tracker and you live in a dodgy area then your probably a little bit bad ass. But if you live in a posh area. Car thieves would automatically target you folk.