babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Decisions, decisions,... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Decisions, decisions,... (/Thread-Decisions-decisions)

Pages: 1 2

Decisions, decisions,... - miha.m - 28-02-2012 08:02pm

Help Group:

I have to order new car next week,...

I have a very difficult decision to make between Evoque Td4 Prestige (Galway, Ivory inside) + seat heating + black interior roof + PDC + camera.
Summary - beautiful, sexy, excellent ride and drive, very comfortable, surprisingly fast to drive between 70 km/h - 120 km/h on "B-roads",... excellent interior finish, good sound, +++

and BMW 520d - all similar options, + auto gearbox,.... absolutely fantastic to drive on A and B roads,... probably the best "real car" in the world,... and more then 10% cheaper then Evoque,...

My heart is saying EVOQUE, my brain is saying BMW,...

Decisions, decisions,...

BR : Miha

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - The Valeter - 28-02-2012 08:34pm

From a looks point of view:-

BMW = The new Ford Mondeo/Vectra type repmobile = Dull & Boring.
Evoque = Something Unique!

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - WB - 28-02-2012 09:09pm

I'm very tempted by the current 5 series - saw a touring today that looked stunning. More conventional than the evoque but thats a tough decision you have to make!

If you want my opinion though having previously owned several bmws I'd take the evoque

Decisions, decisions,... - ceebee - 28-02-2012 09:13pm

Miha, I have a feeling that you may be asking a slightly biased group of people?

I have had a number of BMW's and they are great to own...........till the snow starts and then I would rather have a 4 wheel drive.

It's a good choice for you though, so good luck in whichever you choose.

Decisions, decisions,... - Asty - 28-02-2012 11:16pm

(28-02-2012 09:09pm)WB Wrote:  I'm very tempted by the current 5 series - saw a touring today that looked stunning.

The word "stunning" is probably the most overused word on car forums and, while I grate every time I see the word, I usually forgive people their excitement. But to describe a BMW 5 series as stunning is a step too far - I just had to say something! Smile

Utilitarian? Yes.
Stunning? Certainly not Wink

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - miha.m - 28-02-2012 11:21pm

Hej Team:

THX for responses Smile I am driving a MINI Cooper S - JCW now - which I will keep (well, my wife is driving it most),...

I would never imagine, this is "biased" group Very Happy

BMW-5 - dull for sure is not - it is one of the best looking,... better then A-6, worse then A-7 - IMO.

One issue I noticed is, that BMWs do not "age" very good, contrary to AUDI,...

10 years old 5 is "very OLD", very "tired",... while old A4 and A6 not at all so,...

And for Evoque - I am sure it will be "classic",... almost sure,...

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - broady43 - 28-02-2012 11:26pm

(28-02-2012 11:21pm)miha.m Wrote:  Hej Team:

THX for responses Smile I am driving a MINI Cooper S - JCW now - which I will keep (well, my wife is driving it most),...

I would never imagine, this is "biased" group Very Happy

BMW-5 - dull for sure is not - it is one of the best looking,... better then A-6, worse then A-7 - IMO.

One issue I noticed is, that BMWs do not "age" very good, contrary to AUDI,...

10 years old 5 is "very OLD", very "tired",... while old A4 and A6 not at all so,...

And for Evoque - I am sure it will be "classic",... almost sure,...

"classic"-"iconic"

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - miha.m - 29-02-2012 02:30pm

Ordered today !

ETA - June !!!

Really looking forward Very Happy

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - WB - 29-02-2012 02:36pm

(28-02-2012 11:16pm)Asty Wrote:  The word "stunning" is probably the most overused word on car forums and, while I grate every time I see the word, I usually forgive people their excitement. But to describe a BMW 5 series as stunning is a step too far - I just had to say something! Smile

Utilitarian? Yes.
Stunning? Certainly not Wink

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?boeaxj

Asty, have you ever heard of the word "opinion" - that is mine and you are entitled to yours. As far as 5 door estates go - yes I think the new 5 series is so good looking that I'm going to call it STUNNING - well it stunned me anyway. STUNNING STUNNING STUNNING. Laughing

RE: Decisions, decisions,... - Westy - 01-03-2012 09:50pm

Congrats

You won't be disappointed

I am three weeks in and loving it, have to keep making excuses to go for a driveVery Happy