babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Insurance - Switzerland - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: Finance & Insurance (/Forum-Finance-Insurance)
+--- Thread: Insurance - Switzerland (/Thread-Insurance-Switzerland)

Insurance - Switzerland - mmuller - 24-02-2012 05:02pm

Hi There,

As we are getting our Evoque in Switzerland, and I have been absent for a long time in the country, I am not too familiar with the options and swiss insurance companies.

Do you guys and girls in Switzerland would have a recommendation regarding which Insurance Company would be best both in terms of services and coverage offered but also on price?

Which options do you normally choose or people tend to choose the most in a typical swiss insurance?
What about insurance coverage when traveling through other countries?

I have seen Comparis but there is a lot of unfamiliar names and companies and options and some advice would speed up the process.

Tnx a lot

RE: Insurance - Switzerland - andrey1302 - 25-02-2012 02:25pm

(24-02-2012 05:02pm)mmuller Wrote:  Hi There,

As we are getting our Evoque in Switzerland, and I have been absent for a long time in the country, I am not too familiar with the options and swiss insurance companies.

Do you guys and girls in Switzerland would have a recommendation regarding which Insurance Company would be best both in terms of services and coverage offered but also on price?

Which options do you normally choose or people tend to choose the most in a typical swiss insurance?
What about insurance coverage when traveling through other countries?

I have seen Comparis but there is a lot of unfamiliar names and companies and options and some advice would speed up the process.

Tnx a lot

Found my insurance on comparis as well and went for a full casco with parking insurance with generali,which was the cheapest.... Very happy so far, already did a small claim about parking damage and everything was fine.... previously i had zurich and had no problems with them either...

You will have to check conditions you get but in general they are all pretty much the same... Also you might get reductions with some companies with options like 0 alcohol level, installing crash recorders etc....

But all in all it depended on the offer you get

RE: Insurance - Switzerland - mmuller - 26-02-2012 09:24pm

Thanks a lot. I am already in Switzerland and will start looking into it tomorrow.

The car is already waiting just for me to clear the paperwork and get it.
Anxious to do that!!!

Would you guys know if it takes to long with the insurance paperwork?

Cheers,

RE: Insurance - Switzerland - andrey1302 - 27-02-2012 06:47am

(26-02-2012 09:24pm)mmuller Wrote:  Thanks a lot. I am already in Switzerland and will start looking into it tomorrow.

The car is already waiting just for me to clear the paperwork and get it.
Anxious to do that!!!

Would you guys know if it takes to long with the insurance paperwork?

Cheers,

Shouldn't be long,usually they send out all the papers right after you signed the policy

RE: Insurance - Switzerland - SebM - 27-02-2012 08:52am

I am also at Generali and very happy with their price and their coverage !

RE: Insurance - Switzerland - Michelle - 15-03-2012 09:05pm

I'm currenty at Generali but i looked into other companies for my Evoque and found that Basler and TCS were cheaper. I'm definately changing.