babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: North America & Canada (/Forum-North-America-Canada)
+--- Thread: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? (/Thread-Dynamic-plus-seats-not-available-in-US-WTF)

Pages: 1 2

Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - J. Dub - 07-02-2012 11:32am

Why can't we get the dynamic plus seats that the UK gets here in the states?Confused:

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - slee18 - 08-02-2012 04:30am

My thoughts exactly!!! Probably doesn't meet US safety restraint for seats or some crap like that. Oh well love my seats so its a mute point. Only other seat I really like was the subaru WRX seats then Infiniti FX35 seats

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - sethor - 08-02-2012 05:12am

Must be some strange US regulation, do US cars have a requirement for side airbags to be installed in the seat? I know Subaru had sold the WRX STi's with a US only less bolstered sport seat with airbags which got named fatman seats & in the current model the US is the only country which does not have the Recaro seats as an option.

[Image: 112_0306_04z+2004_subaru_wrx_sti+front_i...r_view.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0122.jpg]

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - slee18 - 08-02-2012 08:40pm

yeah most have to have side airbags in the US

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - Troy - 09-02-2012 05:12pm

I think it is something else. The Recaro Sportster CS that Mini brand as JCW which I have in my Mini are not and have never been available in the US and I'm sure the BMW Performance ones aren't over there either and they're virtually the same seat. I think I heard somewhere it was to do with safety regulations however they have side airbags and occupancy sensors.

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - Neo - 02-05-2012 01:37pm

Yes, the Dynamic Plus seats are awesome. Luckily we get it Aussie land but it's a ($A10k option = rip off)

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - sethor - 02-05-2012 04:58pm

I optioned it, Don't regret it & I would do it again if I ever ordered again. Australian price is AUD$7200 + 33% LCT = $9576 but I managed to get it for $8470.

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - doug - 02-05-2012 05:09pm

Is it still the case that air bags are bigger in the US, as so many people weren't wearing there seat belts?
This was the case a few years ago.

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - scrannel - 27-01-2013 03:32am

It's possible they don't stand up to the "rammed by idiot rear passenger not wearing seat belt in crash", test. In other words, they break. Honestly, they're a bit too de Sade for my taste.

RE: Dynamic plus seats not available in US? WTF? - slee18 - 27-01-2013 06:46pm

No one really knows scrannel! Those same seats are in the jaguar XKR. The prestige doesnt have the magnaride option either.

Still happy with my choice though.

Checkout my other thread that I have going on NA about doing a quail lodge experience