babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Do I ask dealer not to prepare - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Do I ask dealer not to prepare (/Thread-Do-I-ask-dealer-not-to-prepare)

Pages: 1 2

Do I ask dealer not to prepare - mickydd - 04-02-2012 10:49pm

OK, Looking good for 24th Feb delivery.
Do I ask the dealer not to prepare vehicle and arrange for detailing to be done at dealers. Apparently, even brand new cars can benefit from clay bar and a full preparation. Any thoughts>??????

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - xxxx5 - 05-02-2012 12:56am

Yes don't let them prepare the car, I had a number of swirls on delivery, which I have now removed.

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - The Valeter - 05-02-2012 01:33am

I've told them I will prep myself but I will use my standard bits - no overpriced detailing products!

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - vinda - 05-02-2012 01:41am

(05-02-2012 12:56am)xxxx5 Wrote:  Yes don't let them prepare the car, I had a number of swirls on delivery, which I have now removed.

If my dealer gave me a car with swirls I'd give it back to them to rectify

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - xxxx5 - 05-02-2012 10:19am

I agree but I don't want them to touch it again. I have sorted it out myself.

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - peet - 05-02-2012 10:22am

I'm getting a detailer to prep the car at the dealership before I take delivery. They know each other and I can be assured of a thorough inspection of the finish before I accept the car.

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - Evo-king - 05-02-2012 10:36am

Do it yourself or get a detailer in, and be quite forceful if you're not having it detailed by your detailer at the dealership, because they will want you to pick up a gleaming motor and will do something to it to get it like that.

I'm planing to get a detailer in at my dealers, hoping not to offend their staff.

I'm a little bit anal over paint finish.

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - WB - 05-02-2012 01:26pm

Yes and in particular make sure they don't remove the white plastic from the gloss black pillars as they marr VERY easily

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - The Valeter - 05-02-2012 06:11pm

(05-02-2012 10:36am)Evo-king Wrote:  Do it yourself or get a detailer in, and be quite forceful if you're not having it detailed by your detailer at the dealership, because they will want you to pick up a gleaming motor and will do something to it to get it like that.

I'm planing to get a detailer in at my dealers, hoping not to offend their staff.

I'm a little bit anal over paint finish.

Most dealers take a dim view to outside valeters on their site!

A new car shoudn't need a "Detail" it should just require decent preparation. I am anal regarding my cars but not that bad.

RE: Do I ask dealer not to prepare - Tosh - 07-02-2012 04:55pm

I plan on getting mine detailed before collection so I have a full third party view of the paintwork before I take the car. Detailer is happy, not told the dealer yet!