babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Has anyone else..... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Has anyone else..... (/Thread-Has-anyone-else)

Has anyone else..... - ant - 01-02-2012 09:55am

managed to accidentally open the rear tailgate by banging their knee into the open switch?Embarrassed
This has happened to me about 5 times so far and is most annoying. Once I even started driving off with the tailgate open. You also can't close it from inside the car so I've had to get out each time to close it.
I do have my seat position set quite high so I've noticed that my left knee brushes very close to the dash when I get in. EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Ant

RE: Has anyone else..... - J77 - 01-02-2012 12:35pm

No Laughing

RE: Has anyone else..... - EVO PUNDITT - 01-02-2012 02:20pm

Once,it was a close call ran straight out and held the boot so it could not open fully and scrape the wall. The car was in the garage at the time, so I shall be fixing some door guards there for just in case,but has
not happened again.

RE: Has anyone else..... - ant - 01-02-2012 04:03pm

I've got the "easy entry" set now so the seat is lower and further back and doesn't come to my preferred driving position until I start the engine. Seems to give me a little more "knee room" at the dash.Laughing
ANT

RE: Has anyone else..... - Token - 01-02-2012 04:31pm

(01-02-2012 02:20pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  Once,it was a close call ran straight out and held the boot so it could not open fully and scrape the wall. The car was in the garage at the time, so I shall be fixing some door guards there for just in case,but has
not happened again.

Worth noting that although you can't close the tailgate using the button, you can halt it's progress using the button in the car or on the key fob...so no need to run out in future Smile

RE: Has anyone else..... - fam1x - 01-02-2012 05:35pm

(01-02-2012 04:31pm)Token Wrote:  Worth noting that although you can't close the tailgate using the button, you can halt it's progress using the button in the car or on the key fob...so no need to run out in future Smile

Thats good to know Thanks Token

RE: Has anyone else..... - dandavis1 - 01-02-2012 06:26pm

Please stop with these 'tease' thread titles. It's incredibly...

RE: Has anyone else..... - The Valeter - 02-02-2012 12:10am

Will the key fob not close it then? I'm sure some cars have that feature?

RE: Has anyone else..... - PhilSkill - 02-02-2012 12:17am

Key fob doesn't close it, only open and stop, I thought it was a bit of a gimmick but actually really like it now! Never hit the button accidently myself but can see how you could, its quite large and knee height.

RE: Has anyone else..... - ant - 02-02-2012 11:52am

(01-02-2012 06:26pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  Please stop with these 'tease' thread titles. It's incredibly...

Sorry Dan, it's just that I can't .........