babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Can GalaxyTab 7" replace Evoque Main Display? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Can GalaxyTab 7" replace Evoque Main Display? (/Thread-Can-GalaxyTab-7-replace-Evoque-Main-Display)

Can GalaxyTab 7" replace Evoque Main Display? - Evoquer - 01-02-2012 07:46am

Here's another way to be geeky. Shocked This guy is controlling the galaxy tab in his Kia with the steering wheel controls. Surprised

I am not sure what will take to make this to work on Evoque. I wish smart guys here can tell how.

(Note to Olde: GalaxyTab 7" is 1024 x 600 so it should be more than enough in terms of resolution.)

RE: Can GalaxyTab 7" replace Evoque Main Display? - GibEvoque - 01-02-2012 08:16am

I have a sneaky feeling would be quite easy, in that if you could drop head unit in deeper and place this in front, would just connect via bluetooth And then steering controls woul work. The real techy bit woul be to get all the other features to work.

RE: Can GalaxyTab 7" replace Evoque Main Display? - Firenze - 01-02-2012 09:42pm

It looks like hes only controling the volume via the steering wheel which would work if you just connect the tab via the headphone socket to the stereo then you would just need a nice mount to hold the tab