babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What are people using for the dash? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: What are people using for the dash? (/Thread-What-are-people-using-for-the-dash)

Pages: 1 2

What are people using for the dash? - mnd - 24-01-2012 11:38pm

Hi all,
considerig the top and lower parts of the dash are covered in some type of material (its not leather i dont think) what are poeple using to clean and/or protect it? I've used the Gtechniq stuff for the wonderful leather seats but this stuff is not leather and nor is it plastic.

Any tips?

thanks

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - doug - 24-01-2012 11:43pm

Gtechniq C6 is what you need.
Will leave a natural looking dash.

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - fam1x - 25-01-2012 12:05am

Doug what do you recommend for the outside?

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - mnd - 25-01-2012 12:37am

(24-01-2012 11:43pm)doug Wrote:  Gtechniq C6 is what you need.
Will leave a natural looking dash.

Thanks but they don't sell C6 in Australia for some reason. Will have to email the Aussie distributor directly.
Any idea what the material is in case i need to find an alternative?

Re: What are poeple using for the dash? - MrHooky - 25-01-2012 12:45am

Worth looking at Aerospace 303. It's an excellent product on leather and/or vinyl/plastics and importantly has UV protectant.

Appears quite pricey but does last ages. Perfect matte finish too.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - The Valeter - 25-01-2012 01:00am

Just wipe dust off the dash with a slightly damp leather, that will be fine & once every 6 months or so (on the leather dash) feed the leather. I never use any products whatsoever on my dash & plastics, that way they stay natural.

On the outside I polish & then use Autoglym Hi-Definition Wax.

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - whizzer - 25-01-2012 08:15am

As Above a Damp microfiber should be fine for the dash -

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - dandavis1 - 25-01-2012 05:31pm

What will you use to 'feed' the leather?

RE: What are poeple using for the dash? - doug - 25-01-2012 10:38pm

(25-01-2012 12:05am)fam1x Wrote:  Doug what do you recommend for the outside?

I'm a lover of Gtechniq products. Having tried most of the top brands at some point.
For the paint. If your doing it yourself, go with the "C2" it's so easy to use. Because I like to see a bit more gloss in the paint finish, I top the paint of with "C3" it's a carnauba wax, which is a use anywhere product. Ideal as a quick detailer between treatments.
Or just water down the "C2" spray on to your car once washed. But still wet, before towelling dry. As a top up on the sealant.

To keep things balanced, as I keep naming Gtechinq

The "Blackfire" range of products are all so very good.
For a sealer, Blackfire all finish paint protection
For a wax, Blackfire midnight sun paste wax.

For plastic & trims
"Poorboys" natural look dressing.

(25-01-2012 05:31pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  What will you use to 'feed' the leather?

Leather dosnt need feeding (not for a few good years anyway).
But you do need to seal the paint. Yes all leather is painted these days. Just make sure the leather is complete clean & dry before applying any sealer.
On a new car, you could just use baby wipes to clean the face of the seat first.
Most leather conditioners have oils that will bring the look back to old leather, but the oil in the product will only let any dirt & dust stick to the seat. That's why I will only clean & seal leather.

RE: What are people using for the dash? - Rootsboy - 26-01-2012 09:46am

just got a bottle of Gtechniq C6, and put the first coat on the inside plastics and basically its like nothing is there, just want i want.
will put a second coat on today and also use it for the outside rubber window seals to see how it fairs. its ment to give 6 months protection and have UV blockers which im all for living where i do.