babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs (/Thread-LED-Dome-and-Rear-Bulbs)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - Barneyridge - 09-02-2012 10:46pm

(09-02-2012 04:08pm)Westy Wrote:  Next job, front dome lights, tried with the Stanley blade to remove the cover, mine was very tight and like some of the other members I was frightened of damaging the soft touch sensor, so I decided I would try and remove the whole unit,

Hi Westy, just a quick question, how easy was it to remove the whole unit. I assume you pull the unit from the back, but did you have to use any tools etc, to get the unit out.

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - Westy - 09-02-2012 11:37pm

(09-02-2012 10:46pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Hi Westy, just a quick question, how easy was it to remove the whole unit. I assume you pull the unit from the back, but did you have to use any tools etc, to get the unit out.

I gently removed the roof blind switch housing and with that hanging down i was then able to get my fingers into the main housing at the rear end and gently pulled it down, it then drops down and then you are cooking.

Before changing the bulbs I then refitted the switch housing back into the whole housing ready for refitting

Change the bulbs, checknthey are working and then push back into home. Be careful you don't damage the two alarm sensors and the phone kit microphone.

Hope this helps, hows the weather? Very cold here tonight
Having a senior moment this evening and need some help

Cant remember if all three forward lights in the dome housing come on when you open the car, I thought they did but my old brain has let me down, can't remember and only had the car yesterday.

I have changed the bulbs, they all work fine but only the centre forward light in the dome comes on with the two rears, am I going mad? Have tried the 2 second touch to switch them off and reset again but still the same.

All the touch sensors work and the two rear and the middle front ones also fade down when the door closes, all seems ok just want to check with you all.

Are your cars the same? Or have I knocked the lights out of sequence.

Age is a cruel thing Laughing

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - Barneyridge - 10-02-2012 02:51am

With mine only the centre forward light comes (aswell as the rear) on with the doors open.

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - cjfp - 10-02-2012 07:01am

same, only centre light in the dome is part of the courtesy set

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - Westy - 10-02-2012 03:33pm

Thanks guys, not going mad after all Very Happy

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - Wired - 11-02-2012 07:08pm

Guys, since this is a hot topic and many seem to be interest to do this would it be an idea to make a list of bulbs needed. Makes it easier to order and some supplier might even make and "Evoque kit".

If we combine this with installation descriptions for the varios locations we have a nice new sticky Laughing

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - cutter7 - 11-02-2012 08:09pm

(11-02-2012 07:08pm)Wired Wrote:  Guys, since this is a hot topic and many seem to be interest to do this would it be an idea to make a list of bulbs needed. Makes it easier to order and some supplier might even make and "Evoque kit".

If we combine this with installation descriptions for the varios locations we have a nice new sticky Laughing

The 7 interior type LED bulbs are the 501- T.10- w5w capless type.

The Boot LED is a 37mm Festoon type.

The reversing LED bulbs are T.15-w16w capless type.

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - nctran19 - 12-02-2012 05:28am

(11-02-2012 08:09pm)cutter7 Wrote:  The 7 interior type LED bulbs are the 501- T.10- w5w capless type.

The Boot LED is a 37mm Festoon type.

The reversing LED bulbs are T.15-w16w capless type.

the Front/Rear Turn Signal are 5202/H16/PSX24W

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - cjfp - 13-02-2012 06:13pm

My reverse lights have been changed to same type as Lionhead (and I believe they are not Canbus bulbs)

Bought here:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250964014380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Here is a pic half way through, with rhs done - not best photo as it is still day(!)time but led is defo brighter.
[attachment=1480]

Rear light removal is generally easy - two screws behing a small flip off panel just inside the boot lip, and then gently pull/push back on the light unit from the very front most corner. Just take care when the unit starts to move back as it will only be held on some wiring and be careful that unit doesn't drop onto the paintwork. Then just twist bulb holder out (this was quite stiff), change bulb and reverse install.

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs - WB - 14-02-2012 11:29am

(13-02-2012 06:13pm)cjfp Wrote:  My reverse lights have been changed to same type as Lionhead (and I believe they are not Canbus bulbs)

Bought here:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250964014380?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Here is a pic half way through, with rhs done - not best photo as it is still day(!)time but led is defo brighter.

Rear light removal is generally easy - two screws behing a small flip off panel just inside the boot lip, and then gently pull/push back on the light unit from the very front most corner. Just take care when the unit starts to move back as it will only be held on some wiring and be careful that unit doesn't drop onto the paintwork. Then just twist bulb holder out (this was quite stiff), change bulb and reverse install.

cjfp, how visible are the indicators with the brighter reverse lights on? I want to upgrade mine but a bit concerned they will be so bright that the indicators are not visible enough.