babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork (/Thread-Windscreen-wiper-damaging-paintwork)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - dandavis1 - 14-01-2012 04:32pm

I've washed my car several times now, and the first thing I do is lift the wipers ready for a soaping-down. But today I noticed one wiper hits the to edge of the bonnet and, sure enough, the paintwork is quite damaged.

The solution is to put the wipers into 'winter park mode' before lifting them (and it may well say this in the manual, but I don't remember reading it), so just a heads-up to everyone.

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - cjfp - 14-01-2012 05:12pm

Thx for saving some of us some swearing.

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - WB - 14-01-2012 10:25pm

That's a poor bit of design. I'll have to check mine. Anyone know what the bonnet is made of? Are LR are going to have a load of rust claims because of this?

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - PhilSkill - 15-01-2012 12:39am

Something brings to mind the bonnet is Alumunium but may be wrong, Ive only lifted my wipers once that I remember and thought I'd have noticed this but will check mine tomorrow!

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - lngrn36 - 15-01-2012 04:52am

I've the scar also.
Sad

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - mark_n - 15-01-2012 06:47am

Yes, thank you for bringing this to our attention, not good.

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - Evo-king - 15-01-2012 12:18pm

It is a common design problem with modern cars, especially when the wiper arms are below the bonnet line, I've owned a few cars now with this issue and am conditioned to this now when cleaning the car, I wondered if there was a way of making this a sticky, warning owners of potential issues, in the same way as the winter wiper park is not known by all.

Any mods help out here.

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - PhilSkill - 15-01-2012 08:50pm

Fortunately no damage to mine but it's definitely an issue! One to remember when washing the car!

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - dandavis1 - 15-01-2012 10:45pm

I had a good flick through the manual today - no mention of setting to winter park mode before lifting the wipers, so I'd say this is just a fairly unfortunate design flaw.

I might mention this to my dealer to 'note' it on my file (do dealers keep files?) so that if the problem does worsen, it can be clear that I made the dealer aware of the issue within the warranty period.

RE: Windscreen wiper damaging paintwork - The Valeter - 16-01-2012 01:25am

Upon valeting I find lots of modern cars have this very annoying feature particularly French & German cars though not Porche.