babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
A question for Dog Owners... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: A question for Dog Owners... (/Thread-A-question-for-Dog-Owners)

A question for Dog Owners... - Token - 13-01-2012 11:39pm

Hi all

We currently have a small family dog but I have today committed to going for a Labrador (need a real dog this time around!)...has anyone used the Evoque 2-door for transporting a decent sized dog yet? If so, how is it doing? Is there enough room?

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - mark_n - 14-01-2012 05:28am

Did you get a good trade-in for the old dog?

A friend of mine has a Labrador and commented how tight he thought it would be; he drives a Mercedes E-Class Estate which is fine.

If you don't want the rear bumper scratched, see my thread on a bumper protector; also plan on the semi-rigid load space protector which will contain the vomit when the dog throws up, assuming of course it is house-trained. If not, you might want to line it with a few back issues of "Stratstone Dealer News". There, you knew they'd come in useful...

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - griff - 14-01-2012 10:21am

Apparently when LR designed the car they based the boot on a Labrador fitting.
I have a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retreiver and she fits in fine but you won't carry any bags as well.

She loves looking out the back window which she can if she sits. Tends to curl up and go to sleep which again she can do.

I would say the restriction on space is not a bad thing as it helps stop the dog been thrown around.
I have bought the flexible liner (well the garage gave it to me actually) but that has a flap which folds over the bumper to stop scratches. it also zips up to prevent hair etc getting everywhere.

She has thrown up twice - both on long journeys which she never did in the Beemer but I guess she will get used to the new car.

We have put the rear seats down for a long trip - loads of baggage space then.
Cheers

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - caroline11000 - 14-01-2012 10:54am

Is the boot on the coupe smaller than the 5 door? My mad boxer dog has plenty of room in the back of my 5 door and hasn't been sick yet so that's a bonus!

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - Daigriff - 14-01-2012 11:17am

I have a golden retriever and really the boot is too small and I've got a 5 door.

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - Coolbanana - 14-01-2012 11:28am

Mine is the Coupe and my labrador fits comfortably - I can even fit her basket in and she sits in that. I have the flexible boot liner so her claws don't scratch the bumper; I do need to ensure she doesn't jump out before I've adjusted the protection to cover the bumper though.

There is still enough room for some shopping too at the local Garden shop as I discovered recently Smile

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - griff - 14-01-2012 11:45am

(14-01-2012 10:54am)caroline11000 Wrote:  Is the boot on the coupe smaller than the 5 door? My mad boxer dog has plenty of room in the back of my 5 door and hasn't been sick yet so that's a bonus!
Not really - the enlarged boot dimensions in the 5 door is because the roof is higher

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - Token - 14-01-2012 12:51pm

(14-01-2012 05:28am)mark_n Wrote:  Did you get a good trade-in for the old dog?

A friend of mine has a Labrador and commented how tight he thought it would be; he drives a Mercedes E-Class Estate which is fine.

If you don't want the rear bumper scratched, see my thread on a bumper protector; also plan on the semi-rigid load space protector which will contain the vomit when the dog throws up, assuming of course it is house-trained. If not, you might want to line it with a few back issues of "Stratstone Dealer News". There, you knew they'd come in useful...

LaughingLaughing
Thanks all...flexible protector sounds like a must have...will order today.

RE: A question for Dog Owners... - mbs9 - 14-01-2012 06:06pm

I've got a medium-sized dog, about 50-lbs, and was concerned about the same thing when I bought my coupe; the smallish rear windows for her to gaze out from especially so. But happily she loves it back there, with the back seats folded flat, of course. She's got no problem hopping in and out through the rear hatch, in fact it's a lot easier for her to get in and out than it was for her in my X5.