babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Paint Protection & Leather Protection - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Paint Protection & Leather Protection (/Thread-Paint-Protection-Leather-Protection)

Pages: 1 2

Paint Protection & Leather Protection - chiggy - 13-01-2012 06:51am

Hey guys,

In anticipated delivery of my Evoque in the next month or so, I received an e-mail from Land Rover - Barbagallo in Perth, giving me some information on Paint Protection, Leather Protection + Window Tinting.

Few Questions:

1. How important is Paint Protection, is it needed, how much would you pay for it at most/expect to pay at most and does it come off if you wash your car with carwash liquid etc.

2. Leather Protection - Considering the colour of my seats are fairly light, I don't want to have to clean them once a month with leather cleaner etc and would like for them to remain in good condition for as long as possible - so I'd like to do this, but never having done it before - not too sure how much I should be paying for it.

3. Window Tinting - I've been told it would be approximately $795 if I did it with Barbagallo, however I imagine it would be close to half price if not less if I did it outside.

Are there any benefits with doing it with Land Rover? I just dont want to go and spend close to $2,000 on all that for no apparent reason when I could get it done for half that outside, and even that, dependent on if I really need it or not.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - MPK - 13-01-2012 07:55am

Chiggy,

I am picking mine up next week and have organised to get the following :

- 3M VentureShield Skin protection applied to the front of the car to protect it from stonechips, bugs - i do long drives on highways. Approx $1000. This is done by contractors that have been reccommended by 3M.

- Window tinting darkest possible for $495.

- Leather protection. After reading the car detailing section of this forum, i've ordered GTTechniq L1 Leather Guard (100ml) for $36 delivered from http://www.gtechniq.com.au

Best to research how much its going to cost outside and negotiate where possible BUT be mindful that if you get these done by the time you pickup the car, LCT will also apply to all the extras. Best to get it done a week or so after delivery to avoid it Smile

Cheers,
MPK

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - sethor - 13-01-2012 12:07pm

1. Don't bother with paint protection offerings from the dealer, go find a good detailer & every 6 months get a wax & polish. I have about $1500 worth of Zymol car care products at home so I'm doing this myself.

2. Same as above, a good detailer can offer the same thing for much less.

3. Might pay to ring around first, I know some tinters don't like to remove door trims on expensive cars & may request for them to be removed & refitted by a dealer.

Quite a few people from a couple WA car forums like Adam from OCDetailing http://www.facebook.com/pages/OCDetailing/107144209356144 maybe contact him to & see what he can offer.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - RonnieNavani - 14-01-2012 09:50am

Paint Protection - I personally wouldn't even bother, and if you really wanna get them done, get it aftermarket. much cheaper.

Leather Protection - I would say YES! but if you can get it done cheaper from outside.. once again get it done aftermarket.

Window Tinting - I got mine done after market for $345 incl GST.

Strangely, my dealer didn't bother offering me any of these services, so meh.. i didn't use them.

I am looking in to getting after market leather protection, as i didn't get it on my BMW and kinda regret it.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - deebabe2004 - 14-01-2012 06:01pm

After doing a lot of research, including phoning after market places and asking for quotes for the EXACT same product, we went back to LR and told them the best price we found which was $1900, they said they would match it Very Happy yey! Winning! So we will be getting the full kit and kaboodal (Tint, paint protection, rust and leather). I figure its an investment we are making because we intend on keeping the car for a veryyy long time Smile

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - Aussievoque - 16-01-2012 03:40am

I was quoted $3000 from the dealer for paint protection and leather protection + $1200 for electronic rust protection. I will get my local detailer to do this instead. I have also had the windows tinted by a local window tinter for $300 for darkest tint he is comfortable providing.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - benzina - 16-01-2012 04:39am

Dealerships love putting you through the ''local aftercar extras'' ringer when you buy a new car, but i personally won't have a bar of any of it,i think it's mostly bullshit. I've never gone for any of this stuff...i just do my normal routine clean,wash,wax periodically,and my cars have always remained pristine examples right up till the end.
Just the car thankyou,just the car.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - Barneyridge - 16-01-2012 05:33am

(16-01-2012 04:39am)benzina Wrote:  Dealerships love putting you through the ''local aftercar extras'' ringer when you by a new car, but i personally won't have a bar of any of it,i think it's mostly bullshit. I've never gone for any of this stuff...i just do my normal routine clean,wash,wax periodically,and my cars have always remained pristine examples right up till the end.

I with you Benzina, I think it is all BS.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - chiggy - 16-01-2012 05:58am

(16-01-2012 04:39am)benzina Wrote:  Dealerships love putting you through the ''local aftercar extras'' ringer when you by a new car, but i personally won't have a bar of any of it,i think it's mostly bullshit. I've never gone for any of this stuff...i just do my normal routine clean,wash,wax periodically,and my cars have always remained pristine examples right up till the end.

I agree...

We've never done any of the paint protection etc etc on any of our previous cars and we've had 2 Audi, 2 BMW, 1 Mercedes.

TO be honest we haven't done any tinting or leather protection either - however its the first car with "light" leather colour.

Might just get the GTechniq stuff for like $45 and do it myself for the leather and window tinting - get it done much cheaper elsewhere.

I had a quote of $2995 for all of it - just... laughed and said no thanks.

Apparently I will get a call this week telling me how much cheaper they can do it for - even though I didn't ask for a cheaper price.

Don't understand why they just double the price of everything.... and then wonder why no one does it.

RE: Paint Protection & Leather Protection - sethor - 16-01-2012 08:13am

Chiggy,

I highly recommend TKO Tinting, my current car was done by Trent & i can vouch for his work. Chellingworth even had him tint a $770,000 2011 Bentley Mulsanne without any panel/trim removal.