babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Minor repair insurance - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (/Forum-Marketplace)
+--- Forum: Finance & Insurance (/Forum-Finance-Insurance)
+--- Thread: Minor repair insurance (/Thread-Minor-repair-insurance)

Minor repair insurance - cjfp - 30-12-2011 05:27pm

Said no to gap, tyre, alloy wheel insurance but a new one offered this time was

Minor repair insurance - cover for scratches, scuffs, minor dents not exceeding 15cm in diameter, chips to 1.5mm

£599 for 3 years, claim limit £3k (total)

Anyone else looked into this for quotes elsewhere?

Did have a small dent removed on porsche for £60 so not sure how much this sort of insurance would be 'worth'?!

RE: Minor repair insurance - xxxx5 - 30-12-2011 05:48pm

I think SMART repairs would work out cheaper, depending on how you look after your car.

RE: Minor repair insurance - WB - 30-12-2011 06:04pm

Just as with all the dealer offered "insurance" this one can be had for much less.

Id really suggest reading the fine print though as chips to 1.5mm seems way smaller than a typical stone chip!

RE: Minor repair insurance - ytshome - 30-12-2011 06:53pm

(30-12-2011 05:27pm)cjfp Wrote:  Said no to gap, tyre, alloy wheel insurance but a new one offered this time was

Minor repair insurance - cover for scratches, scuffs, minor dents not exceeding 15cm in diameter, chips to 1.5mm

£599 for 3 years, claim limit £3k (total)

Anyone else looked into this for quotes elsewhere?

Did have a small dent removed on porsche for £60 so not sure how much this sort of insurance would be 'worth'?!

Call me "Old Fashioned" but these are just a con aren't they? I refused mine (which was only £399 with Stratstone) I'd be interested to know what the difference is between a small dent and a large chip.....just sounds like a way they can say "sorry it's not covered" to me. Also just wondered if this is subject to an excess too. I'm pretty sure they'll be selling mobile phone insurance and top ups soon!

RE: Minor repair insurance - EVO PUNDITT - 30-12-2011 11:52pm

Rip off! You pay £4/5/600 whatever to insure your car to repair minor dents and scratches and it costs the dealership £25 for each dent or scratch to have repaired. They get charged trade price and non trade is anything from £60 to £100.