babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Filling with fuel - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Filling with fuel (/Thread-Filling-with-fuel)

Filling with fuel - cjfp - 30-12-2011 04:44pm

When I filled up (diesel) yesterday, I noticed that the nozzle wasn't a good fit (loose) and I assume this is due to the 'wrong fuel' protection system, so I didn't push in case it 'errored' and left me trying to reset the system.

Anyone else noticed this?

RE: Filling with fuel - WB - 30-12-2011 04:59pm

Yes the nozzle doesn't seem to go in as much as I'd expect it to but having filled up 3 times now it does seem to be ok

RE: Filling with fuel - PhilSkill - 30-12-2011 05:02pm

Yep doesn't go fully in, but goes in far enough, thing I noticed is when it clicks out, that's it, dont try rounding up to the nearest pound...

RE: Filling with fuel - cjfp - 30-12-2011 05:05pm

Glad it's not just stupid me!

RE: Filling with fuel - DaveR - 30-12-2011 11:36pm

(30-12-2011 05:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yep doesn't go fully in, but goes in far enough, thing I noticed is when it clicks out, that's it, dont try rounding up to the nearest pound...

Yep, I tried that and now have shoes with a dieselly aroma Crying

RE: Filling with fuel - olde - 31-12-2011 12:18am

(30-12-2011 11:36pm)DaveR Wrote:  Yep, I tried that and now have shoes with a dieselly aroma Crying

Hahaha! I just laughed my socks off! Laughing

RE: Filling with fuel - Louie - 31-12-2011 06:51pm

I filled up yesterday and didn't notice any problems with the nozzle but did experiennce the wet shoe syndrome, it is wise to stop filling as soon as the click cuts in, don't try and round up as Philskill suggests, its cost enough in the first place so washing the forecourt with it is a hugh waste.[/size][/font]

RE: Filling with fuel - defender_uk - 31-12-2011 08:53pm

(30-12-2011 05:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yep doesn't go fully in, but goes in far enough, thing I noticed is when it clicks out, that's it, dont try rounding up to the nearest pound...

yes I have found that out...it is great for making sure you get the same amount of fuel in for working out milage