babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear Number Plate Size - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Rear Number Plate Size (/Thread-Rear-Number-Plate-Size)

Rear Number Plate Size - KPNuts - 28-12-2011 03:59pm

As our Evoque appeared earlier than expected, we did not get a chance to sort out the registration transfer on to the Evoque through the dealer so just starting the process myself.

Noticed that the rear number plate the dealer has fitted is "oversize", being 533 x 152mm. The front is the standard 520 x 111mm.

Is there a technical reason why they have fitted an oversize plate (for example fixings underneath for other markets) or is it down to aesthetics?

What size rear number plate do other UK customers have?

Cheers

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - WB - 28-12-2011 04:03pm

I think its just aesthetics - bigger plate fills the space better - I'd recommend fancyplates.com for good quality plates at reasonable prices. I've heard of dealers charging £60 for a pair of plates!!

Rear Number Plate Size - Big Dave - 30-12-2011 08:30am

Mine was replaced with a standard size rear plate and in my opinion you'd never notice.

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - CrawfsEvoque - 30-12-2011 09:18am

I got standard size plates front and rear. However, I had to request them.

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - defender_uk - 30-12-2011 09:26am

standard size on mine, as standard...fortunately!

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - DaveR - 30-12-2011 11:29am

I was in the same position and my dealer very kindly made up my private plates ready for when I transfer my number. (And I didnt even have to ask! they were in the boot for me when I went to collect)

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - PhilSkill - 30-12-2011 12:25pm

My dealer puts curved shaped plates on the rear!, which I didn't like, so asked for Standard Plates which are fine.

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - KPNuts - 26-01-2012 02:06pm

Put a standard size rear on. Looks perfectly OK.

Dealer knew we were going to change the plates pretty quickly, yet still put 11 large number plate sticky pads on front and 10 on rearRolling Eyes Took me ages to get them off.

RE: Rear Number Plate Size - BMG - 26-01-2012 10:04pm

(28-12-2011 04:03pm)WB Wrote:  I think its just aesthetics - bigger plate fills the space better - I'd recommend fancyplates.com for good quality plates at reasonable prices. I've heard of dealers charging £60 for a pair of plates!!

£60.00 for a pair of plates!!! Crikey.

I would welcome anyone to be wearing my "company brand" on the front and rear of their Evoques...

So if anyone wants new replacement plates for their car, I would gladly supply them for £15.00 + VAT including P&P.

Front - standard oblong, Rear - 6" oversized oblong.

Proof of ownership and identity will be required.

Please e-mail your requirements to mail@brittlemotorgroup.com