babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Stopping the rattles - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Stopping the rattles (/Thread-Stopping-the-rattles)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Stopping the rattles - benzina - 03-05-2012 01:48pm

(03-05-2012 05:56am)hondafreak Wrote:  Somebody told me once, as cars become quieter, rattles are more easy to hear. But i would drive me nuts anyway.

I think he is right about that, plus when you think about how complicated,and how many parts go into making up a car,it's a wonder they don't rattle more. This also leads me to think that out of so many given cars being produced, there will always be a few that may get past with a rattle or two.

RE: Stopping the rattles - tetstb - 03-05-2012 03:51pm

I've had my car in at 2 dealers a total of 6 times and they still can't fix it. Would I buy another ? No chance

RE: Stopping the rattles - benzina - 04-05-2012 02:37am

I must admit,6 times and two different dealers would be hard to take...where is your rattle or rattles coming from tetstb? I personally love this car too much to let the rattle (only heard when traveling in complete silence) get me down,and i just think, with some perseverance,i will find it.
Your lucky being in the U.K, cause after what you have been through, i would drive to the factory,and demand they fix it there.

RE: Stopping the rattles - benzina - 04-05-2012 05:40am

Their is now a poll on this subject, please see and vote here.... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-got-a-rattle-or-two

RE: Stopping the rattles - garryforrestuk - 04-05-2012 11:40pm

I bought a cd which came with some very good recommendations a few years ago which I used on my Freelander with very good results, Because you can physically walk around the vehicle and climb about when the cd is in operation to recreate the rattle I was sceptical about it but it does work. I have looked it up but i think the company has gone bust or just closed down i have a disc but don't now about copyright this is the link and the disc was called Rattle Buster.

RE: Stopping the rattles - benzina - 05-05-2012 02:11am

Mmmm....Yes i saw this when i actually googled those very words ''rattle buster'', in the hope of finding something hightech thats designed to pin point where a rattle is coming from, but found this one that actually helps create it,so you can then take your time finding it while the car is stationary.
It seems a clever idea if it works as you say it does, and goes some way into making what is a tedious task, alot more convenient,and better chance at getting a result. May have to look into it.

RE: Stopping the rattles - edgedata - 05-05-2012 03:15am

(04-05-2012 11:40pm)garryforrestuk Wrote:  I bought a cd which came with some very good recommendations a few years ago which I used on my Freelander with very good results, Because you can physically walk around the vehicle and climb about when the cd is in operation to recreate the rattle I was sceptical about it but it does work. I have looked it up but i think the company has gone bust or just closed down i have a disc but don't now about copyright this is the link and the disc was called Rattle Buster.

I really like the sound of this (excuse the pun). If it is still available I would certainly buy it as almost all the cars I have ever owned have had or developed some kind of rattle at some time and they are ridiculously difficult to trace.

RE: Stopping the rattles - Millotte - 05-05-2012 12:44pm

I developed one in the rear of the car and thought it was a shock mount or something as it would only happen over bumps etc. I ended up taking out the spare wheel and found the wheel nut wrench has a plastic clip and rubber bands and some plastic packaging to hold it place had moved and was hitting the jack and was being amplified by the wheel well( body of the car ) I re clipped it back in place and added another elastic band and made sure no metal to metal contact and all is good. Thank god!!!

Stopping the rattles - elvinsiew - 21-05-2012 01:59pm

Where can I get that cd? Any Downloads? Mail me pls

RE: Stopping the rattles - invoke - 21-05-2012 02:37pm

Mine is rattle box.

At a slow speed, something in dash rattles, very annoying, and when gain speed, the vibration kicks in and on highway/motorway the famous wind noise added with a new sound of something like loose mirror or side strip.

So over all from 0-60 in 4s ( s= rattles)

The stealer keep the car for the whole day everytime and does not even acknowledge on the work slip any work up or repair. All i can say is WTF...