babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) (/Thread-The-List-of-Suggested-Improvements-was-2012-Software-Update-List)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Can someone please tell me why I can't pair my Galaxy SII with my Evoque - fixmdude - 05-02-2012 05:07am

(30-01-2012 12:34pm)Meneldor Wrote:  All good with my Galaxy S II, as well as Galaxy Note. Both bluetooth music and phone functions work fine, including the phonebook import.

My AT&T Samsung Infuse, which came out at the same time as the Galaxy S II in some places and just before it in the U.S., does not show its address book on the display, the phonebook comes up empty. The dealer synced my phone and didn't know why it was empty so it wasn't anything I did. Does anyone know how Range Rover has updated navigation systems in the past? How about the maps? How often, and what procedure does one go through to run an update? Thank you.

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - olde - 08-02-2012 01:08am

OK, I'm editing The List, hopefully for a final version that we may be able to conduct a rating poll on. That way, we can prioritize The List, and weed down some of the less popular upgrades, so that Land Rover can take the list more seriously.

I will then email The List to Land Rover UK's PR department. The email will advise that The List was created within a 2,000-member forum, worth perhaps £80M in revenue to LandRover.

The email will politely ask Land Rover to reply with a post-able statement about whether our opinions are of value to them. If they ignore us, it surely wont look good on them.

Our hope is that some of our suggestions may result in retro-active upgrades, especially the software suggestions.

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - mark_n - 08-02-2012 06:17am

Sounds good, important to focus on the most popular suggestions.

RE: 2012 Software Update List - Donny Dog - 08-02-2012 12:49pm

(21-01-2012 12:02pm)RoverMD Wrote:  Mute volume by pressing the volume button.

Not sure if this is a suggestion, or you have discovered that this how to do it. Can you clarify, please?

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - ChuckieB - 08-02-2012 10:08pm

They need to correct the error of not having memory seats specced for the prestige 5 dr on the passenger side. Am paying top dollar for the supposed higher interior spec and seat (tilt) functionality of the prestige and to then find memory seats on one side only is frankly ridiculous!

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - jitenc - 09-02-2012 07:45pm

Here's my vote for the three most ludicrous suggestions:

- A re-design to prevent bruising to various parts of the body for those endowed with fast food induced excess body mass...
Following on from that, I think there should be strain gauges built into the driver's seat to weigh the driver and remove all fast food POIs from the SatNav if the driver is overweight. Also, remove Dunkin Donuts from the POIs anyway as they are disgusting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mark,
i hope you are not nudging at me by your ' ludicrous suggestions list', as stated above when my proposal went forward to Oldie:

26. Padded Console -- The central console could be better padded, especially where the side of the knee rests against the aluminium trim. This pressure point can cause bruising and/or inflammation just below the knee cap. Alternatively, an optional knee protector could be sold with the vehicle.

Please confirm as i am storing 'Slimmer's World' as Favourites in my SATNAV at this mo......

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - mark_n - 10-02-2012 08:24pm

I was actually! I can't believe the aluminium trim is causing bodily injury unless there's so much of you that you are filling the footwell... All tongue in cheek of course LOL

The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - gomark - 10-02-2012 09:23pm

(09-02-2012 07:45pm)jitenc Wrote:  Here's my vote for the three most ludicrous suggestions:

- A re-design to prevent bruising to various parts of the body for those endowed with fast food induced excess body mass...
Following on from that, I think there should be strain gauges built into the driver's seat to weigh the driver and remove all fast food POIs from the SatNav if the driver is overweight. Also, remove Dunkin Donuts from the POIs anyway as they are disgusting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mark,
i hope you are not nudging at me by your ' ludicrous suggestions list', as stated above when my proposal went forward to Oldie:

26. Padded Console -- The central console could be better padded, especially where the side of the knee rests against the aluminium trim. This pressure point can cause bruising and/or inflammation just below the knee cap. Alternatively, an optional knee protector could be sold with the vehicle.

Please confirm as i am storing 'Slimmer's World' as Favourites in my SATNAV at this mo......

Although I'm not being crippled by it, I do find the aluminium central console uncomfortable at times, I guess due to my natural driving posture. It did occur to me that this would only affect RHD drivers, which I guess will end up the minority with exports.

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - jitenc - 11-02-2012 06:41am

(10-02-2012 08:24pm)mark_n Wrote:  I was actually! I can't believe the aluminium trim is causing bodily injury unless there's so much of you that you are filling the footwell... All tongue in cheek of course LOL

No probs mark-n.
Ps. I have 3 london marathons, 6 London to Brighton bike rides, trekking to mt. Everest Base camp etc, etc.... So my knees have taken quite a bit of knocking over the years. My driving position does not exactly help as gomark has suggested.
Why do you hate dunkin donuts? On any waist tightening programs???

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - olde - 11-02-2012 10:24am

(08-02-2012 10:08pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  ... and to then find memory seats on one side only is frankly ridiculous!

Yep.