babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! (/Thread-What-Color-is-it-Stornoway-or-Orkney-Looks-Amazing)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - blacktrees1 - 19-12-2011 03:45pm

All Press and Driver Day cars were Stornaway. These are almost certainly Stornoway

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - THEMACS - 20-12-2011 10:03pm

Pretty sure its Stornaway as it is darker than Orkney and to be honest I don't think its as nice as OG, but I would say that!!!LaughingLaughing

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - Craig_d1 - 20-12-2011 11:00pm

Stornaway IMO...the grill and side strips appear lighter than the grey paintwork. With the OG they blend in together more as they are a similar shade. I don't see that level of contrast with my OG pure.

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - WB - 21-12-2011 12:17pm

(20-12-2011 11:00pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Stornaway IMO...the grill and side strips appear lighter than the grey paintwork. With the OG they blend in together more as they are a similar shade. I don't see that level of contrast with my OG pure.

I also think its stornoway but that's a prestige as it has the silver waist trim.

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - EVO PUNDITT - 21-12-2011 12:24pm

same here aswell, the difference in the shades of grey are clear. So I'd say its Stornoway.

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - Craig_d1 - 22-12-2011 12:07am

(21-12-2011 12:17pm)WB Wrote:  I also think its stornoway but that's a prestige as it has the silver waist trim.

I'm an idiot:lol:How did I miss that. For some reason I had a pure in my head...doesn't change my opinion though. My OG is very light with a bluey tinge next to my Stornaway D4. Both lovely colours though

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - WB - 22-12-2011 10:41am

(22-12-2011 12:07am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I'm an idiot:lol:How did I miss that. For some reason I had a pure in my head...doesn't change my opinion though. My OG is very light with a bluey tinge next to my Stornaway D4. Both lovely colours though

Completely agree... apart from the idiot bit - I was thinking the same at first then thought the wing/door trim looked a bit too silver then spotted it!

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - Wired - 25-12-2011 06:06pm

(18-12-2011 09:56pm)lc20040311 Wrote:  i am not sure this is Stornoway grey or Orkney Grey? Looks really amazing!
Is there anyone get an evoque with this color?

Since you can read the licence plate cant you get the information for the vehicle with the paint colour?

Can help you, I am not english Tongue Out

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - WB - 25-12-2011 08:08pm

(25-12-2011 06:06pm)Wired Wrote:  Since you can read the licence plate cant you get the information for the vehicle with the paint colour?

Can help you, I am not english Tongue Out

The dvla record will just say grey. Won't say the shade. We would need the vin to look up the shade on topix.

RE: What Color is it? Stornoway or Orkney? Looks Amazing! - Hicksy - 27-12-2011 04:42pm

I reckon it's orkney