babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! (/Thread-Collected-my-OG-Prestige-this-morning)

Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - IKM - 16-12-2011 03:39pm

Picked up my Prestige today from Town & County Aberdeen. Actually very pleased with the handover. Driven it now for about 30 miles, more tonight. Found the windscreen wipers difficult to set and I'm almost hoarse from giving instructions to the DAB radio..... But I'll get there yet. My first automatic, and that's the most diificult feature to get used to. Footbrake clanks a bit when fully depressed, not sure if that's normal.

I laughed as some kids on the Bridge of Dee started saluting and bowing as I passed by....

I'll post pictures as soon as possible.

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - CrawfsEvoque - 16-12-2011 03:46pm

Sounds great. Hope you enjoy it. You may even get to play in some snow soon. Will be interested in how you compare it to the Freelander. Roll on Monday when we will be joining you.

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - Claud - 16-12-2011 03:59pm

I used have a company flat on Riverside Drive next to Bridge of Dee!

I collect my Orkney Grey Prestige next week (hopefully if Xmas doesn't get in the way!) and cant wait!

It will kiss Scottish soil when we head up to the Trossachs for a couple of weeks next spring! Cool

Good luck with yours and enjoy...

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - CrawfsEvoque - 16-12-2011 04:04pm

(16-12-2011 03:59pm)Claud Wrote:  I used have a company flat on Riverside Drive next to Bridge of Dee!

I collect my Orkney Grey Prestige next week (hopefully if Xmas doesn't get in the way!) and cant wait!

It will kiss Scottish soil when we head up to the Trossachs for a couple of weeks next spring! Cool

Good luck with yours and enjoy...

Seems a large percentage of Evoques are either in Scotland or heading up there. Ours will be up there early in Jan 2012.

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - LDT - 16-12-2011 04:06pm

That's great news, congratulations!

I found it very strange when I moved from manual to auto, but within a couple of weeks I was saying that I would never go back to manual, and I never have.

Will be looking out for your further posts with interest. I hope you get the hang of the wiper settings!

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - IKM - 16-12-2011 04:11pm

(16-12-2011 03:46pm)CrawfsEvoque Wrote:  Sounds great. Hope you enjoy it. You may even get to play in some snow soon. Will be interested in how you compare it to the Freelander. Roll on Monday when we will be joining you.
Thanks folks, appreciate your best wishes. The Freelander is great, but limited bells and whistles as options (unlike the Evoque). It'll also be good to get rear passenger comparison as well, as often in country roads on a long journey passengers felt car sick. Probably add winter tyres next week.

Good luck to all who are waiting.

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - PJ - 16-12-2011 05:54pm

Congratulations IKM will keep my eyes peeled for another OG in the shire. Have fun!

RE: Collected my OG Prestige this morning! - SebM - 17-12-2011 06:26pm

Congrats !!!