babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please (/Thread-IT-File-Sharing-Protection-Back-up-Solutions-please)

IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please - cjfp - 03-12-2011 04:36pm

I would welcome some help with my business IT

I am currently syncing 5 PC's on-line using Dropbox (very successfully)
I about to add an admin person and issue them with a laptop running dropbox

Whilst keeping the excellent features of dropbox - I want a more robust system with regard to selective file read-only access and delete prevention

(I know dropbox keeps deleted files and previous versions)

Don't mind paying (something) for the right software

Thanks in advance for your input

RE: IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please - Ezandania - 04-12-2011 10:31am

Hi cjfp, try surfing to drobo.com. You might find your solutions there.

RE: IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please - cjfp - 04-12-2011 10:54am

(04-12-2011 10:31am)Ezandania Wrote:  Hi cjfp, try surfing to drobo.com. You might find your solutions there.

Thx

RE: IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please - fam1x - 04-12-2011 11:30am

Have you looked at cloud computing as a solution. As the future of IT is all going that way. Google offer a simple solution, along with google docs where you can share files over the Internet.

RE: IT File Sharing, Protection Back-up , Solutions please - Ezandania - 04-12-2011 11:36am

Drobo offers the RAID-server speeds, automatic maintenance, upgradeability and the new addition of making your own personal cloud-based storage/update.