babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Crunching noise - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Crunching noise (/Thread-Crunching-noise)

Pages: 1 2 3

Crunching noise - M.I.B - 29-11-2011 06:34pm

Hi All, I have a Prestige 2.2 diesel manual SD4 and done just over 1500 miles.
Love the car but occasionally when I pull up and manoeuvre backwards & forwards I get a loud crunch (when coming to a stop,and when pulling forward a little) which appears to come for the front.
The sound is like you have just run over a plastic bottle and last for the same duration, had it about 20 + times now and it happens just as you come to a stop.
Also you can feel some resistance like the brakes sticking on
During normal driving there isn't a sound, just after a journey and you're lining up to reverse into a garage or space.
Went back to dealer, but as per normal could not get it to make this noise

Anyone else had a similar problem?

RE: Crunching noise - defender_uk - 29-11-2011 06:35pm

sounds like the EB somehow.....

RE: Crunching noise - richardk - 29-11-2011 10:52pm

(29-11-2011 06:34pm)M.I.B Wrote:  Hi All, I have a Prestige 2.2 diesel manual SD4 and done just over 1500 miles.
Love the car but occasionally when I pull up and manoeuvre backwards & forwards I get a loud crunch (when coming to a stop,and when pulling forward a little) which appears to come for the front.
The sound is like you have just run over a plastic bottle and last for the same duration, had it about 20 + times now and it happens just as you come to a stop.
Also you can feel some resistance like the brakes sticking on
During normal driving there isn't a sound, just after a journey and you're lining up to reverse into a garage or space.
Went back to dealer, but as per normal could not get it to make this noise

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Ditto, exactly the same (also an sd4 manual)

RE: Crunching noise - PhilSkill - 29-11-2011 11:02pm

From your description certainly sounds like the Brakes are taking a moment to release, is the Electronic brake on whenever this happens?

Not heard this from my SD4 Manual.

RE: Crunching noise - CRC@LandRover - 30-11-2011 03:02pm

M.I.B,

I'm sorry to hear about the noise you're describing and that it's not something that could be replicated when you visited the dealership.

If you take it back to the dealership in the future and need any assistance please let me know.

Kind Regards

Nick

RE: Crunching noise - griff - 30-11-2011 03:11pm

I was once told by a LR experience guy at Luton to make an allowance for the EB to release before belting off. Into drive and small throttle movement. Might work?

RE: Crunching noise - oop north - 30-11-2011 05:00pm

When I had a D3, the service manager (who I got to know too well due to the issues I had, grrr) told me that the D3 EPB problems were to some extent arising because people were setting off too quickly, not allowing enough time for it to disengage fully

RE: Crunching noise - doug - 30-11-2011 06:31pm

(30-11-2011 05:00pm)oop north Wrote:  When I had a D3, the service manager (who I got to know too well due to the issues I had, grrr) told me that the D3 EPB problems were to some extent arising because people were setting off too quickly, not allowing enough time for it to disengage fully

My D3 was the same. Used the manual switch before driving off to stop any problems.

RE: Crunching noise - Evoqess - 30-11-2011 06:48pm

If its the noise when you are applying the brake (foot) and changing gear (say from D to R) it happened in my 2011 Audi intermittently too. Felt it was related to the tranny or brakes.

RE: Crunching noise - M.I.B - 30-11-2011 08:00pm

(29-11-2011 11:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  From your description certainly sounds like the Brakes are taking a moment to release, is the Electronic brake on whenever this happens?

Not heard this from my SD4 Manual.

This is under normal driving after only applying the foot brake to come to a rest,( no EB applied ) then reversing onto the drive or parking the vehicle, if i then drive forward i get the same noise, but with most problems its very intermittent.