babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Meridian Audio Information - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Meridian Audio Information (/Thread-Meridian-Audio-Information)

Pages: 1 2

Meridian Audio Information - mark_n - 22-11-2011 12:35am

There's another thread which criticises the Meridian system in the Evoque from a self-proclaimed "expert" who doesn't go into much detail at all as to why he thinks the system is below par. Even more numerous than the army of armchair car designers are the geeks who think they can do better when it comes to audio equipment design - I've been there, designed audio equipment in the past only to be told by people, usually with beards, how I've got it All Wrong.

Here is a PDF file you can download which describes the Meridian system which I think provides more information than the ramblings of the other thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/?i9a707a9tyw7y6d

RE: Meridian Audio Information - Radeco - 22-11-2011 12:52am

just watch out for mediafire bugs which come with the link. My Meridian 380 is absolutely stunning - thank you JLR.

RE: Meridian Audio Information - DynamicRRV - 22-11-2011 01:00am

My Meridian top range is fantastic!

RE: Meridian Audio Information - Evoqess - 22-11-2011 01:09am

Thanks Mark for the post. I'm always a bit wary when someone's first posts are critical of a well lauded feature or opinion is so out of whack with everyone else's. No insinuations intended - but it's possible that the occasional troll or competitor might appear from time to time to try and take the shine off the LRE.
In time when there are more owners a poll might be interesting - then I'll know if my hearing needs checking!

RE: Meridian Audio Information - The Valeter - 22-11-2011 01:20am

The only experience I have had so far with the Meridian system was in a demonstrator & i thought it sounded absolutely excellent.

RE: Meridian Audio Information - Red FR - 22-11-2011 08:18am

(22-11-2011 01:20am)The Valeter Wrote:  The only experience I have had so far with the Meridian system was in a demonstrator & i thought it sounded absolutely excellent.

+1 and it was the standard system and I have a beard Laughing

RE: Meridian Audio Information - defender_uk - 22-11-2011 09:27am

it is excellent....

RE: Meridian Audio Information - Barneyridge - 22-11-2011 12:22pm

(22-11-2011 08:18am)Red FR Wrote:  +1 and it was the standard system and I have a beard Laughing

+2 don't have a beard, but growing the mouth brush for http://au.movember.com/

RE: Meridian Audio Information - ant - 22-11-2011 03:19pm

I have the 825W system and it is superb.
Admittedly I'm not an "expert audiophile", but the sound quality at any volume does it for me ... .and surely that is the object of the exercise - to satisfy the customer. I'm a satisfied customer. Laughing
ANTWink

Meridian Audio Information - Kwacka - 22-11-2011 06:34pm

+1