babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) (/Thread-Black-Evoque-Dynamic-Coupe-Canada)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - Evo-king - 01-12-2011 10:04pm

Evoquess.

Try this method.

First you must rinse the car off with a hose or pressure washer.

Then you use two buckets, 1 with the car shampoo Mequairs etc, the other bucket contains clean water, you clean the car with shampoo (using a wash mitt) and then rinse your (wash mitt) in the clean water, removing grit ans other contaminants.

Dry the car off with a super micro fibre cloth.

If you do this your less likely to damage the paintwork/laquer.

No there will be many who will say this is not good enough and that you need to be more anal in your cleaning process, but this works for me. My son takes all day to clean his Mini. I don't have that time to spare.

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - vcruiser - 02-12-2011 03:06am

Haha i love you analness Evoquesss. I normally wash my car 90% of the time. I had a meeting and didn't wanna show up riding dirty!
So it was my only chance. My buddy owns the car wash and they take extra good care.
And i make sure they dry using micro fibre cloths to dry.

But either way, this is my every day car. I know that swirl marks will start appearing eventually no matter how hard i try to avoid them.
I will do a paint correction treatment once a year until my lease is up! That get's rid of 99% of the swirls!

The sports cars though, thats a different story.
3 buckets
1 for soap, 1 for clean water, 1 for rim cloth/soap
I use different microfiber cloths to dry different parts of the car. I keep em super clean!

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - Evoqess - 02-12-2011 07:56am

Fabulous guys! I see I need to add a bucket or two and fine tune Smile Just wanted to make sure the "stranger" car wash wasn't a common occurrence!!
The exterior finish is really is exquisite on my car. A perfect, blemish free surface and here's hoping it will stay that way for many moons!

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - marandod - 11-12-2011 12:18pm

stunning! is like mine Smile

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - vcruiser - 13-01-2012 07:47pm

Here's a snowy one from our storm yesterday! Was driving through a small neighborhood and figured it'd be a good time for a snap shot!

[Image: photo2-5.jpg]

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - alibeau - 13-01-2012 07:52pm

It's a beauty Very Happy

Ali.

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - SebM - 15-01-2012 06:14pm

Excellent !!!

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - Mag1c_dragon - 15-01-2012 06:55pm

Great Pic Smile

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - vcruiser - 20-02-2012 10:17pm

Had some amazing weather recently! Streets are dry and sky is blue! Washed my car and snapped some lame iPhone pictures!
Having my wheels powder coated in a month!

[Image: photo3-3.jpg]

[Image: photo2-6.jpg]

[Image: photo1-3.jpg]

Gonna have a real photoshoot in the summer, when the car is lowered, wheels are spaced a bit and are Gunmetal colored!

-a

RE: Black Evoque Dynamic Coupe (Canada) - JackMac - 21-02-2012 07:35pm

Car still looks fantasic.