babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. (/Thread-Apparently-Major-Further-Delay-Issue)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - The Valeter - 17-11-2011 12:32am

I spoke to a Kent dealer this morning hoping to catch the sales manager who has just come back from a 2 week holiday R.E. a confirmed price on my Freelander to be told he had been summoned to an urgent dealer meeting in Gatwick about bad news on Evoque & Freelander.

I was told that unless a car is actually at this moment in time on the production line then there will be an additional 4 to 6 week delay as the line has got to be closed for some sort of modification Shocked It may be to do with "he said" quality/mis build issues. I asked does that mean the cars that have allready come off the line could be faulty he said not so far as he was aware & that they had had no problems other than one turning up with an Ebony interior & one rear door card in white Shocked Laughing.

I stand to be corrected on this & hopefully that is the case but I am simply stating what I was told though the salesman quite obviously did not know the full facts but I guess should in the morning.

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - dima - 17-11-2011 12:59am

Hmmm, interesting... Did the dealer told you, when the production line is going to be closed?

Thanks, Dima

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - The Valeter - 17-11-2011 01:09am

(17-11-2011 12:59am)dima Wrote:  Hmmm, interesting... Did the dealer told you, when the production line is going to be closed?

Thanks, Dima

I got the impression that it was as soon as the last car that is on the line presently rolls off the end ( or rather drives off lol).

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - mark_n - 17-11-2011 01:23am

Not sure what you do with 4500 people who have a job but nothing to do, not to mention suppliers. I'll reserve judgement until we know more but if it's true, it's a disaster

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - PAT - 17-11-2011 02:17am

From what I've seen we know more on what is going on than the sales folks do so I take it with a pinch of salt

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - EVO PUNDITT - 17-11-2011 09:48am

Limey should be able to confirm as he/she works at Halewood

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - ED209 - 17-11-2011 10:09am

for gods sake, i hope this is not true. p155ed off now!

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - cjfp - 17-11-2011 11:56am

Both dealer and LR have confirmed to me today that my build date remains 9 Dec.

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - fam1x - 17-11-2011 01:21pm

All these delays could it be the new owners of Land Rover (TATA) just a thought........

RE: Apparently Major Further Delay Issue. - ED209 - 17-11-2011 01:40pm

(17-11-2011 01:21pm)fam1x Wrote:  All these delays could it be the new owners of Land Rover (TATA) just a thought........

sorry, not sure what you mean?