babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! (/Thread-The-luxury-premium-car-mat-con-Don-t-upgrade-mats-until-you-ve-read-this)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - CrawfsEvoque - 03-01-2012 08:06pm

I don't care about badges. Good quality carpet that fits the required space would be a fine starting point. Aftermarket suppliers take note.

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - Coolbanana - 03-01-2012 08:28pm

Happily I opted for the rubber mats as an aftermarket purchase ditching the carpet variety so don't have this issue and they are great - my shoes (and my kids shoes) are often wet or slightly muddy from walks or just everyday stuff; my Discovery had rubber mats so it was always a given that I'd put them in the Evoque and they are really quite nice with the Evoque logo etc.

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - ytshome - 03-01-2012 09:41pm

(03-01-2012 06:00pm)WB Wrote:  If I was a betting man I'd put a LOT of money on you not getting a definitive answer and I REALLY hope to be proven wrong...

We'll have to wait and see but printed below is Nick (LR) answer and my follow up email. The way this is going Im beginning to think that LR originally thought of supplying the thick pile luxury mat which they call the "Premium car mat", which has a much more of a pile and metal corner; but then changed their mind. It may be that they have produced two others called "Cheap" and "Cheaper" and are trying to pursuade us that this is what they meant when they called them "Premium".

As others have said, I too use the after-market rubber michelin mats which are great and cost me £15.00 or so and this is despite buying an extra set of Evoque rubber ones (£80.00), which just don't do as good a job in the front of the car. The carpet mats are in the loft and are there just incase we are going anywhere nice. So for me it's not so much about the mats as the principle.

Here's the latest email

Thank you for your reply. I have discussed your concern with our Brand Team today. Would you be able to take a photograph of your mats not situated in the car so that we can see the full mat? I will be able to show this to our brand team and we will be able to advise if they are the mats which should be provided with your vehicle.

Kind Regards

Nick

Hi Nick, I could do this but frankly what I and a good many others really want is for LR to show us the difference between the Dynamic mat and the "Premium" mats fitted in the Prestige models. As it stands people are paying to upgrade from the Dynamic mats and quite frankly the upgrade looks the same as the cheaper one. The local dealers standard mats in a Dynamic looked just the same as mine, which are supposed to be the premium mats. Im concerned that I take a photograph, send it to the brand team and they say that they are right, rather than explaining the situation properly.

Then to make things even more confusing LR have a mat called "Premium" mat which they show in their literature but what they don't show is the mat that is standard in the Dynamic and then the one in the Prestige.

Having read the thread Im sure you'll remember that at least one dealer refused to take the upgraded cost of the "Premium" mats and simply stated that they were now included in the Lux pack. Many of us think that this is because it is very hard indeed to justify an £80.00 upgrade, especially when neither mat are pictured or described in any detail. Just for the record the mats that were supplied to me were titled "throw in mat".

I think that the branding team should show the three different mats and at least explain to us Prestige owners (and those who have upgraded), why the ones called Premium mats aren't included even though it says they should be. If it turns out that we have been given the correct mats then I genuinely think these matters need addressing to stop people being very disappointed. I'll update the forum with a copy of this as there is no personal information contained and it saves me having to revamp it in the thread.

Kind regards Steve"

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - WB - 03-01-2012 10:33pm

Typical reply in my experience - you pull together all the information then they'll come back to tell you what you already know and clarify nothing... sorry to be so cynical but I've seen it too many times to expect different...

It's just like with the Pure which initially including mats then they were removed from the price list. At least one person got free mats by pushing this with LR and their dealer and they eventually gave in and admitted that they WERE originally included and that person got free mats. I was going to push it but my dealer gave me free mats (the nice thick ones with the metal corners) so I dropped it.

LR clearly had one set of plans then when they finalised them made changes and haven't gone back to reconcile all the way through.

What is especially annoying is that LR are throwing £150 at every customer with a delay and the dealers dont have the good sense to use that money to resolve MINOR issues like this. Instead they choose to quibble and be petty. Just as they do with refusing to give people their full tank of fuel even though it's clearly stated in the official LR handover document!!

Rant over.

I'll get my coat Wink

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - PhilSkill - 03-01-2012 11:19pm

Well my Mat saga is not resolved yet either, Dealer never got back to me after going through the sales literature with them and have had to chase them again. I'll probably be going in again to buy a bl..dy Jack... Rolling Eyes first time ever I've had to buy a jack!!!

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - WB - 03-01-2012 11:44pm

(03-01-2012 11:19pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Well my Mat saga is not resolved yet either, Dealer never got back to me after going through the sales literature with them and have had to chase them again. I'll probably be going in again to buy a bl..dy Jack... Rolling Eyes first time ever I've had to buy a jack!!!

Nick at Land Rover Yeovil will give forum members a 20% discount on all parts and delivery is cheap.

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - ytshome - 04-01-2012 12:09am

(03-01-2012 10:33pm)WB Wrote:  Typical reply in my experience - you pull together all the information then they'll come back to tell you what you already know and clarify nothing... sorry to be so cynical but I've seen it too many times to expect different...

It's just like with the Pure which initially including mats then they were removed from the price list. At least one person got free mats by pushing this with LR and their dealer and they eventually gave in and admitted that they WERE originally included and that person got free mats. I was going to push it but my dealer gave me free mats (the nice thick ones with the metal corners) so I dropped it.

LR clearly had one set of plans then when they finalised them made changes and haven't gone back to reconcile all the way through.

What is especially annoying is that LR are throwing £150 at every customer with a delay and the dealers dont have the good sense to use that money to resolve MINOR issues like this. Instead they choose to quibble and be petty. Just as they do with refusing to give people their full tank of fuel even though it's clearly stated in the official LR handover document!!

Rant over.

I'll get my coat Wink

Keep your coat on, you might need it when queueing for fuel. Laughing I wasn't aware we were supposed to get a tank full, just a quarter tank in mine when collected, showing a range of 88 mile to empty. Problem was my journey home was 100.
(03-01-2012 10:33pm)WB Wrote:  It's just like with the Pure which initially including mats then they were removed from the price list. At least one person got free mats by pushing this with LR and their dealer and they eventually gave in and admitted that they WERE originally included and that person got free mats. I was going to push it but my dealer gave me free mats (the nice thick ones with the metal corners) so I dropped it.

I suppose the standard mats that were originally destined for the Pure, have now become the Dynamic mats, the Dynamic ones have become the Prestige mats and the Premium mats are just another way to fleece us. Just wonder if Whatcar? Or Autocar would be interested as I'm a subscriber to both?

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - PhilSkill - 04-01-2012 12:21am

(03-01-2012 11:44pm)WB Wrote:  Nick at Land Rover Yeovil will give forum members a 20% discount on all parts and delivery is cheap.

Cheers WB, i'd plain forgot about discounts through here!

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - Firenze - 05-01-2012 10:47am

After reading the whole of this thread Im still no wiser as to if I should upgrade to the premium mats on my dynamic, cant believe LR cant answer such a simple question

So I went on ebay looking for a good aftermarket set of mats and found some LR sets for sale one of which had a thick pile and had a metal triangle on the corner (as pictured here a few pages back) with a part number of VPLVS0094PVJ yet that is the same part number of the standard looking premium mats shown on the evoque accessories website so I asked the seller why they look different and got the following reply

"The ones we have listed and pictured are part number VPLVS0094PVJ, I took a picture of the ones we had here because most pictures on line look like the ones on the Land Rover site.
Think the picture on the Land Rover site is wrong as they are the only accessorie option for carpet mats Land Rover make for the EVOQUE.
Glen."

So if that is correct the upgraded premium mats should have the metal corner as they are the only accessory?

-maybe the answer would be to see and photo a set of mats which are still in their wrapping with the part number VPLVS0094PVJ on them because that part number is listed as the premium mat upgrade on the LR evoque website and anyone who has ordered the premium mats but that dont match the picture would have proof that they have not been given the upgrade mats

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - Firenze - 05-01-2012 12:08pm

Glen from 123townandcounty who was selling the mats on ebay has very kindly sent me a couple of pictures that show the mats with thick pile and metal corners still in the packaging which clearly shows the part number so that would mean if you have upgraded to the premium mats which are shown on the LR website as part number VPLVS0094PVJ then you should have the mats in these pictures with the metal corner

[attachment=1077]
Don't know if this helps but it has cleared it up for me, I have upgraded to the premium mats so if I don't receive the ones with the metal triangle in the corner I have the pictures as proof - I also took a picture of the evoque website which shows the part number of the premium mats.

I think it was very nice of Glen to take these photos especially as I had told him I no longer wanted to buy his mats as I have ordered them with my evoque - so as a thank you I said I would mention him on here as he does sell other LR items too.