babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this! (/Thread-The-luxury-premium-car-mat-con-Don-t-upgrade-mats-until-you-ve-read-this)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Luxury car mats - IKM - 19-12-2011 06:26pm

PhilSkill,

Sounds like the mats with the silver triangle are the ones advertised on ebay (link above) at £144 per set. Now sent my email to my dealer (who happens to be also selling the mats on ebay), complaining about the lack of premium feel (just cheap and nasty) on a £40k+ car.....!!

AND Good luck again with the repair.

RE: Luxury car mats - Urban Splash - 19-12-2011 09:10pm

40 grand car and they can only manage scrawny mats....dear god......

RE: Luxury car mats - ytshome - 19-12-2011 10:11pm

Could it be that knowingly or not we are paying for the premium deep pile mats and the dealers are supplying the cheaper version. I think LR Customer service should sort this out and make sure that we are supplied with what we have paid for.

Something has just occurred to me. Does LR supply the mats with the prestige or do the dealers purchase these separately? As they would have to do for Dynamic and Pure owners who wanted to upgrade.

RE: Luxury car mats - IKM - 19-12-2011 10:26pm

(19-12-2011 10:11pm)ytshome Wrote:  Could it be that knowingly or not we are paying for the premium deep pile mats and the dealers are supplying the cheaper version. I think LR Customer service should sort this out and make sure that we are supplied with what we have paid for.

Something has just occurred to me. Does LR supply the mats with the prestige or do the dealers purchase these separately? As they would have to do for Dynamic and Pure owners who wanted to upgrade.
New 2012 Evoque catalogue (page 66) that I picked up on the way out of the dealer on Friday illustrates premium mats, and I certainly don't have those (silver triangle in corners). No question about it now, dealers are working a fast one on us.

RE: Luxury car mats - LDT - 19-12-2011 10:29pm

Yet another thing to look out for when I take delivery - thanks guys!

RE: Luxury car mats - ytshome - 19-12-2011 10:36pm

(19-12-2011 10:26pm)IKM Wrote:  New 2012 Evoque catalogue (page 86) that I picked up on the way out of the dealer on Friday illustrates premium mats, and I certainly don't have those (silver triangle in corners). No question about it now, dealers are working a fast one on us.

Good egg IKM. I'm not sure yet if this is a deliberate ploy or just dreadful salesmanship. The thing that makes me just that little bit more suspicious is that I actually emailed T&C and asked them if the mats they were selling on eBay were those out of the standard Prestige and they did not answer. My own dealer were emailed a copy of the link to eBay with the mats you describe three weeks ago and they haven't been back since then. You'd think that we were buying heavily discounted cars and the dealers were trying to make up for lost margins but nothing could be further from the truth. I paid full price like everyone else did in the uk ( apart from jiggyjaggy) and they still treated me shoddily and left me without insufficient fuel to even get me home after collection.
Just looked on the ebrochure and page 68 has the mats we all should have but I for one haven't.

RE: The luxury car mat con? Did you get what you paid for? - Evo-king - 19-12-2011 11:18pm

What about a group letter/e-mail to our JLR representatives on here, Nick @ JLR maybe.

RE: Luxury car mats - PhilSkill - 19-12-2011 11:19pm

(19-12-2011 06:26pm)IKM Wrote:  PhilSkill,

Sounds like the mats with the silver triangle are the ones advertised on ebay (link above) at £144 per set. Now sent my email to my dealer (who happens to be also selling the mats on ebay), complaining about the lack of premium feel (just cheap and nasty) on a £40k+ car.....!!

AND Good luck again with the repair.

Thanks IKM praying all goes well,

I willing to give my Dealers the benefit of the doubt in my case that they were confused which mats were which as with the contrast piping and Aluminium Evoque badge you could see them as the better mats ignoring the pile. We'll see what they say, I'd like to think the dealers will replace the mats while the car is in. Just checked my Order clearly states "Premium Carpet mats" £66.67+vat.

RE: The luxury car mat con? Did you get what you paid for? - ytshome - 19-12-2011 11:23pm

(19-12-2011 11:18pm)Evo-king Wrote:  What about a group letter/e-mail to our JLR representatives on here, Nick @ JLR maybe.

Already done it, although it was a personal message telling her of our issues and the fact that t&c know what to call it when when they are selling it for cash but strangely get the wrong ones when they are putting them in customers cars.

RE: The luxury car mat con? Did you get what you paid for? - Evo-king - 19-12-2011 11:29pm

(19-12-2011 11:23pm)ytshome Wrote:  Already done it, although it was a personal message telling her of our issues and the fact that t&c know what to call it when when they are selling it for cash but strangely get the wrong ones when they are putting them in customers cars.

Thumbs Up