babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Are we to cool to wave? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Spotted (/Forum-Spotted)
+--- Thread: Are we to cool to wave? (/Thread-Are-we-to-cool-to-wave)

Pages: 1 2 3

Are we to cool to wave? - ceebee - 13-11-2011 07:04pm

When I have been a member of other forums (scoobynet, Kuga etc), we would acknowledge each other on the roads with a small wave or a thumbs up.

Just wondering if we are all supposed to wave at each other if we are out and about as I don't want to appear to be some sort of psychopath who is waving his arms around and grinning and then get no response from the other drivers.

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - Grah - 13-11-2011 09:27pm

When I (evensually) get mine, and I see another evoque, I'd not be too cool to give a quick headlight flash ...

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - Urban Splash - 13-11-2011 09:29pm

I'm still green with envy.....so look away when you pass! Oh, and you didn't let me out of Duckpool Lane the other day Sad

Are we to cool to wave? - ceebee - 13-11-2011 09:34pm

Urban, I do apologise, I normally have very good road manners, so must have been running late or something. If you let me know what you drive I will ensure my ignorance does not get the better of me if I see you again.
I have been duck pool lane many times over the last few weeks to avoid roadworks in Swalwell, so I was wondering what you e driving as there is a nice discovery down there.........
Grah, yes, maybe a quick flash of the lights would be better!

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - Urban Splash - 13-11-2011 09:57pm

Hi Smile

I'm in a 58 plate black Kuga, wife is in an odd Matt Black Fiat 500! Are people letting you out of junctions ok? Hope it's not like having a BMW, nobody lets you out!

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - PJ - 13-11-2011 10:03pm

I find most people let me out of junctions- probably to get a better look of it!

Tried flashing (my lights) once didn't work just got a stare back - obviously wasn't a babyrr member Very Happy

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - ant - 13-11-2011 10:18pm

I always flash and wave ...... unfortunately, I haven't seen another Evoque on the road yet.
ANT

Are we to cool to wave? - ceebee - 13-11-2011 10:59pm

Urban, I used to have a vision blue Kuga (K?GGA), I will look out for you?

Everyone let's me out at junctions, and it can be fun on dual carriageways when cars drive parallel to you for a while rather than overtake, so they can have a good look!

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - defender_uk - 14-11-2011 03:34pm

will always wave.....as |I| do in the defender.....

RE: Are we to cool to wave? - dandavis1 - 20-11-2011 06:02pm

I passed another Evoque yesterday who flashed at me. I ignored them.