babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Paint Flaw - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Paint Flaw (/Thread-Paint-Flaw)

Pages: 1 2 3

Paint Flaw - Acwats - 06-11-2011 07:42pm

I washed the car for the first time today so got a good chance to check it over.

I'm starting to think that LR have rushed my car out despite the messages I keep reading from them about quality not quantity.

I've got two annoying rattles and now this. It's on the edge of the front wing where it meets the driver's door and in my opinion should have been spotted by any half decent QC check on exiting the paint shop.

What would you do?
[Image: paint%20flaw.jpg]

RE: Paint Flaw - kevoque - 06-11-2011 07:46pm

Contact the dealer tomorrow and forward pictures to LR and cc LR customer services on your email and see who gets back to you first !!
Kev

Paint Flaw - DDX - 06-11-2011 07:52pm

Yep. Agree with Kev. That's quite shocking.

RE: Paint Flaw - Iain S - 06-11-2011 08:17pm

From the pic it looks like that has been touched in with a touch up stick. Is the painted raised slightly? If so it could have been damaged in transit or at the dealership and they have touched it in rather than repaint the panel. Not good on a new car and I'd be annoyed as well.

RE: Paint Flaw - rchrdleigh - 06-11-2011 08:44pm

(06-11-2011 08:17pm)Iain S Wrote:  From the pic it looks like that has been touched in with a touch up stick. Is the painted raised slightly? If so it could have been damaged in transit or at the dealership and they have touched it in rather than repaint the panel. Not good on a new car and I'd be annoyed as well.

Looks exactly like a poorly executed touch up in dealers rather than paint shop. I'd be onto dealer principal first thing to ask for it to be put right. Certainly not acceptable.

RE: Paint Flaw - Acwats - 06-11-2011 08:45pm

(06-11-2011 08:17pm)Iain S Wrote:  From the pic it looks like that has been touched in with a touch up stick. Is the painted raised slightly? If so it could have been damaged in transit or at the dealership and they have touched it in rather than repaint the panel. Not good on a new car and I'd be annoyed as well.

It appears to be under the lacquer. It's doesn't feel like a touch up job but who knows....

Will defo contact dealer tomorrow. I'm not going to LR yet as dealer has been great so far so I will give them a fair chance to fix it.

RE: Paint Flaw - xxxx5 - 06-11-2011 08:47pm

That is shocking, I bet I can guess what your first call will be at 9am in the morning.

RE: Paint Flaw - Daigriff - 06-11-2011 09:17pm

Not good at all and very disappointing. The really annoying part is that it shouldn't be sent out like that in the first place.

I'd rather them take their time and get it right especially when you are spending this level of money.

RE: Paint Flaw - WB - 06-11-2011 09:33pm

Ouch! How big is that area?

I picked up a new mercedes a few years ago and it had a defect on the wing the size of a pin head (yes I know I'm fussy). They repainted the wing, put me in a courtesy car and gave me a £250 voucher against parts or servicing for the inconvenience. I didn't even make a big deal of it so will be interesting to see how LR deal with this.

I read someone else noticed a "crease" in their evoque bonnet after delivery so clearly quality control is not catching all the flaws.

RE: Paint Flaw - THEMACS - 06-11-2011 09:46pm

That is Truly Shocking!! I wouldn't bother phoning, just drop it off in the morning and give them the Keys Back!!!

I would not accept that, just shows how much you need to Check the car before you accept it!