babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Shipping time & tracking of ship - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Shipping time & tracking of ship (/Thread-Shipping-time-tracking-of-ship)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - benzina - 15-02-2012 01:52am

Hey Guys.... YES indeed it's just off our coast, and will be in view shortly (This is getting really exciting now). I think i might even go to the Rous Head groin, and watch the ship come into the harbour.Smile
Hoping that my car will be parked in view when it's off-loaded onto the docks like Chiggy's was.... i will have my binoculars.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 15-02-2012 02:46am

Benzina I'm thinking of going down there myself to check yours out to see if I can spot it haha!

Feeling a bit nostalgic now... its quite exhilarating isn't it!!

Too much excitement... can't concentrate on work haha!

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - benzina - 15-02-2012 05:21am

(15-02-2012 02:46am)chiggy Wrote:  Benzina I'm thinking of going down there myself to check yours out to see if I can spot it haha!

Feeling a bit nostalgic now... its quite exhilarating isn't it!!

Too much excitement... can't concentrate on work haha!

Yes, it's exhilerating allright,especially after all this time!! Just went up to Barbagallos to make sure all was in order, and as i was coming back, the sea came into view, and there it was....The Grand Mercury itself, just on the horizon right in front of me. Looking out at it,i it's amazing knowing my car is actually on that thing.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 15-02-2012 06:11am

(15-02-2012 05:21am)benzina Wrote:  Yes, it's exhilerating allright,especially after all this time!! Just went up to Barbagallos to make sure all was in order, and as i was coming back, the sea came into view, and there it was....The Grand Mercury itself, just on the horizon right in front of me. Looking out at it,i it's amazing knowing my car is actually on that thing.

HAHA!

Good stuff - did they give you an estimated date?

also, is the two door dynamic OG coupe with the red seats still sitting in the showroom?

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - benzina - 15-02-2012 07:09am

Should have it delivered by around the 27th. The OG coupe still sits there, cause it's around the $115,000 mark.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Barneyridge - 15-02-2012 08:39am

Good stuff Benzina, the last bit of the wait is the worst! I spent the final days on eBay buying little bits such as led bulbs and other little bits and pieces.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 15-02-2012 08:55am

Did you end up fitting them all?

I'm actually quite happy with the yellow bulbs inside the car... seems a bit more welcoming than the white LED.

I do want to change the boot one though.. that's terribly dim.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Barneyridge - 15-02-2012 09:02am

Just change the footwell lights, once you start you can't stop. For a couple of bucks worth at least a try. I was not a big fan before but actually like the bright light. The boot is a must though. So much more light. I have kept all the OEM bulbs to change back if I want.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - spif888 - 15-02-2012 09:05am

I have ordered the LED bulbs and have all ready changed the boot light. I'm a bit scared after reading all the horror stories to change the interior lights to LED.

BTW, this may not be the right thread but have you considered wrapping the side vents and rear trim. Another forum member (WB) wrapped the side vents and it looks good.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 15-02-2012 09:34am

Yeah I saw someone wrapping the side vents...

rear bumper trim would be quite easy to wrap just not too confident about the grille. Too complicated in my opinion.

But yeah - might go to that Magic Wrap place and ask them about wrapping for the side vents and rear trim... can't imagine it taking them long either!