babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Shipping time & tracking of ship - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Shipping time & tracking of ship (/Thread-Shipping-time-tracking-of-ship)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - benzina - 01-02-2012 09:11am

Hey there Evoque U....Woh YES!!! we are turning the corner, for Port Elizabeth, and that in itself makes it feel that much closer now. Thats for the heads-up, it must have only just come back into range, cause i check it every morning.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Millotte - 01-02-2012 09:53am

[quote='benzina' pid='37464' dateline='1328083906']
Hey there Evoque U....Woh YES!!! we are turning the corner, for Port Elizabeth, and that in itself makes it feel that much closer now. Thats for the heads-up, it must have only just come back into range, cause i check it every morning.

Hey guys,

You can set the tracking site to send you emails when your ship is in range, in port, etc
Made the 6 week trek almost enjoyable.. Worst part is when it has been offloaded.. No news for a week for me. Bugger, just have to wait for that call from the all so friendly and helpful and oh so knowledgable sales staff!

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 01-02-2012 10:16am

No news for a week for you!

Once it was discharged exactly 14 days ago.. I have not heard anything about it!

its absolutely killing me!

Was yours on the "Tiger" Millotte?

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Evoque U - 01-02-2012 10:55am

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Millotte - 01-02-2012 11:11am

(01-02-2012 10:16am)chiggy Wrote:  No news for a week for you!

Once it was discharged exactly 14 days ago.. I have not heard anything about it!

its absolutely killing me!

Was yours on the "Tiger" Millotte?

Hi Chiggy,

Mine was on the Electra, it docked a day or so behind "tiger".I was watching both of them actually after reading a few others from here were on the ship.

14 days.. What the? What has the dealer said about the delay..

I found out today that my car goes from the port to another pre inspection place, then moved to pre delivery then moved again to the showroom for delivery..

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 01-02-2012 11:15am

Quote:Hi Chiggy,

Mine was on the Electra, it docked a day or so behind "tiger".I was watching both of them actually after reading a few others from here were on the ship.

14 days.. What the? What has the dealer said about the delay..

I found out today that my car goes from the port to another pre inspection place, then moved to pre delivery then moved again to the showroom for delivery..

Actually just got a call from the dealer telling me its been delivered to the dealership!

However still needs to go through pre-inspection etc and then detailed for delivery.

Been told another 3-4 days so it seems Monday 6th Feb it is most likely! or at least that's what I'm going to push for.

on the note of 14 days - Fremantle is usually quite slow and just takes forever for it to be cleared and get through to the dealer - average is about 14 days.. sometimes stretched to 20 days! its a nightmare.

ahh well the end is near!

First Pure with a contrast roof?

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - benzina - 01-02-2012 01:00pm

Thanks Millotte,i'll try and setup the email alert too.

Hey Chiggy, not long now,but gee it's been a while since coming off the boat. That will also probably mean that if my car arrives in Freo on schedual for the 16th, then i may not actually take delivery till the end of the month. Can't wait to see pictures of your car nice and cleaned up.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Barneyridge - 01-02-2012 01:30pm

Chiggy, I think you are the first contrast roof on here, well from Australia. Also the first red, can't wait for the pics.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - chiggy - 01-02-2012 02:20pm

I went to Barbagallo to see it today - tucked away in the corner nicely.

It looks..... super neat!

Was trying to push for a saturday pick-up unfortunately its going to have to wait the weekend!

Monday afternoon is what I'm told - 80% confirmed - will know on Friday for sure.

Also been told they just have so many cars in especially on the ship mine came on - getting them into the system is taking forever! not too fussed... it was not knowing what was going on that was killing me..

now i know exactly whats going on and that its confirmed - settled down a bit!
(01-02-2012 01:00pm)benzina Wrote:  Thanks Millotte,i'll try and setup the email alert too.

Hey Chiggy, not long now,but gee it's been a while since coming off the boat. That will also probably mean that if my car arrives in Freo on schedual for the 16th, then i may not actually take delivery till the end of the month. Can't wait to see pictures of your car nice and cleaned up.

ahh don't forget I had two weekends and also australia day in between. Also take into account that most people, even if they turned up to work - wouldn't have been that bothered on the Friday after Australia day so really - 6 days of no work involved in the 14 days.

I imagine yours will be much quicker than that!

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - benzina - 01-02-2012 02:30pm

That would be good indeed!!! Only a few more nights sleep for you,yet it just seems like yesterday it shipped out of the UK. Very excited for you.