babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Shipping time & tracking of ship - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Shipping time & tracking of ship (/Thread-Shipping-time-tracking-of-ship)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Shipping time & tracking of ship - Filski - 06-02-2013 08:38am

Next stop is Australia, the boat is just leaving Durban now. Still a bit over 2 weeks to Port Kembla and 4 weeks to when we go in to take delivery though.

Shipping time & tracking of ship - Filski - 13-02-2013 12:49am

Ouch!
I was just checking progress of the Fedora in the southern Indian Ocean on sailwx.info. This site gives weather information at 12hrly intervals and the voyage from Southampton has been fairly uneventful till now.

12hrs ago wave heights were 2.0m, this mornings update says 14.0m!!!!! Hope mine is tied down well.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Amadeus - 13-02-2013 06:23am

XFullFatTim Wrote a while back:
Most I lost was 25 in one storm down at 52 south between Durban and Freemantle, including new 7 BMW's and 6 new Jaguars in containers going to new owners in Australia and New Zealand and now rusting on the bottom of the south Indian Ocean.

Filski
Mine's right behind you off the coast of Sierra Leone - expected into PK 10 March. Hope our's fare better!

Shipping time & tracking of ship - Filski - 22-02-2013 04:17am

2 more days to go till its on dry land finally, left Melbourne for the 'Gong this morning.

Still 2 weeks to go till handover though.

Shipping time & tracking of ship - Filski - 23-02-2013 08:27am

[attachment=3317]
And wouldn't you know it... My boat is out there in this, a few hours from unloading.

Suppose the suspension will be bedded in...

Shipping time & tracking of ship - Filski - 26-02-2013 08:46am

Was reading through first few pages of the thread again which reveals some of the codes used by WW to indicate the progress for delivery to the dealer. I'm at 'discharged' but expect it won't be with the dealer before the end of the week as it goes through compliance.
So close and yet so far away... Should have roof rails delivered next week and will drop them off at dealer - cost 50% of the factory installed option cost.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - boinzo - 01-03-2013 04:07am

Finally have a VIN number and have been able to locate my car on the Parsifal just south of Baltimore heading south towards the Panama Canal then onto Auckland. Just on 4 weeks until she steams into Moreton Bay to unload in Brisvegas. Nearly 3 weeks earlier than I was expecting. Awesome.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Amadeus - 01-03-2013 10:50pm

3 weeks early - is that cause your's is coming round the other way instead of via Africa then? Sweet. Mine is having a little 'oliday off the coast of Reunion.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - boinzo - 01-03-2013 11:17pm

Amadeus. I think I picked up some time because it got onto a ship sooner than expected. And it does help that it's coming via Panama because it makes Brisbane the first Oz port. When they come from sethefrika Brisbane is the last port and it takes over 2 weeks to get from Freo to here.
I would say the race is on! Its gonna be close - you into Sydney vs me into Brisbane!

Shipping time & tracking of ship - Filski - 02-03-2013 12:05am

1 week to go here, currently trying to get UPS to deliver my roof rails so the can be installed prior to hand over.

Going to be a long week!