babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Shipping time & tracking of ship - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Shipping time & tracking of ship (/Thread-Shipping-time-tracking-of-ship)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Neo - 24-06-2012 05:30am

Curious, Im tracking my ship on marinetraffic.com and it seems the ship is "out of range" and I can't see it's positioning on the map. Does this mean they have lost the ship? I don't know how in this age where we have satellites and GPS why a gigantic ship can not be located???

Do we need to call in NASA?

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - missevoque - 24-06-2012 07:06am

haha, No neo. All ships lose contact crossing the atlantic. My brother works on super yachts and each time he does the crossing he's out of contact for about a week depending on weather etc.
Parsifal should pop up sometime this week, and it will be on the west coast.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - TiTan - 24-06-2012 09:50am

When you zoom out on the map you will see the green squares showing the range of coverage they have. Once it's away from a coast there is usually no coverage.

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Neo - 24-06-2012 09:57am

Must be the Bermuda triangle? Lol

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Kaiser - 26-06-2012 08:45am

the waiting is starting to get to me!!!!! i was hoping to pick up Winston (my RRE) this saturday but it looks like i will have to wait untill next week end as Winston has not left the port yet Sad it's worse than Xmas eve as a kid!!!

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - TiTan - 27-06-2012 07:34am

Barring any last minute calamities, I am all set to pick up my new Evoque on Saturday Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

As a side note - my thanks to all who contribute here - the forum has been an absolute goldmine of information about the car, dealers, prices etc - all of which was very interesting and helpful over the last few months.

Three more sleeps now! Laughing

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - missevoque - 27-06-2012 07:38am

(27-06-2012 07:34am)TiTan Wrote:  Barring any last minute calamities, I am all set to pick up my new Evoque on Saturday Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

As a side note - my thanks to all who contribute here - the forum has been an absolute goldmine of information about the car, dealers, prices etc - all of which was very interesting and helpful over the last few months.

Three more sleeps now! Laughing

I am so jealous of you Titan! Hope the handover goes to plan!

Re: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Neo - 27-06-2012 09:06am

Congrats Titan and Kaiser, the light at the end of the tunnel is fast approaching.

Our time will come Missy.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - TiTan - 28-06-2012 02:55am

Cheers guys - but a black cloud looms (literally) on the horizon - the last car I bought got damaged by hail on the very same day I picked it up from the dealer.

Now I check the weather forecast for this weekend, and there is possible hail on Saturday and Sunday Shocked

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship - Barneyridge - 28-06-2012 03:39am

don't jinx yourself TiTan