babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ (/Thread-If-the-SI4-was-your-only-choice)

Pages: 1 2

If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - Evoqess - 02-10-2011 04:20am

Yes, if the Si4 was your only choice, would you still have purchased an Evoque? This is the only engine on offer in Nth America - although it's what I prefer its still nice to have options in life Wink

PS- in honor of my 100th post I thought I would try a poll for a change Smile

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - griff - 02-10-2011 08:07am

Congratulations on your poll and 100th post.
I always wanted a Prestige for the luxury but in the U.K. it does not come with the Si4 engine. I therefore went for SD4 which I think will be fine.

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - berlin2011 - 02-10-2011 08:18am

Yip, had the choice (in fact broader than UK on this one) so specced a Prestige with the Si4 engine and AD for good measure Smile

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - simonc - 02-10-2011 08:18am

Well I had a choice of the diesel engines and still went for the Si4, so yes! Smile

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - Alex - 02-10-2011 09:16am

I initially wished I had gone for the Si4 instead of the SD4 on my Dynamic order, but on the flip side recently there have been some positive comments on this forum about the SD4’s performance so I’m still satisfied with my choice. However if there was no choice then yes Si4 would not have swayed my decision.

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - mark_n - 02-10-2011 09:29am

It is still completely bizarre that LR have chosen not to make the Si4 available in the Prestige in the UK.

It will be interesting to compare the actual mpg the Si4 achieves in real use compared to the SD4 reports, factor in the slightly higher cost of fuel for the SD4 and so come up with how much extra he Si4 will cost compared to the SD4 for a "standard" 12k miles a year.

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - DynamicRRV - 02-10-2011 09:38am

Si4 yes!

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - brakedwell - 02-10-2011 12:51pm

I'm hanging on for a Si4 manual Prestige and perhaps a decent discount. if LR don't produce an Evoque with that spec in the future I will buy from a different brand.

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - ytshome - 02-10-2011 06:35pm

(02-10-2011 08:07am)griff Wrote:  Congratulations on your poll and 100th post.
I always wanted a Prestige for the luxury but in the U.K. it does not come with the Si4 engine. I therefore went for SD4 which I think will be fine.

It is Griff. I've always rated speed but driving the Evoque with the SD4 is a different experience altogether. It's no rocket ship mind you but it pulls up it's skirts nicely and seems to gain speed very easily. Before getting it I was seriously thinking about chipping (subject to warranty and Insurance considerations) but there isn't any need to. You drive it differently......you waft it along, rather than kane it. YT

RE: If the SI4 was your only choice ........ - J77 - 02-10-2011 06:42pm

Sorry but it is diesel all the way for me. Had diesels for years, so if evoque was only petrol then I would stick with the freelander.