babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
MY16.5 vs MY17 build - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: MY16.5 vs MY17 build (/Thread-MY16-5-vs-MY17-build)

MY16.5 vs MY17 build - Biker - 25-10-2020 10:17am

I am looking at buying a 2016 TD4 180 HSE and trying to figure out the exact model as I have some questions that is not adding up.
By the VIN number having an HH and build date of 08/16 I derive this is a MY17 build and not the MY16.5.
Every image I have seen of the MY17 build has the vents on the bonnet which the one I have been looking at does not. The owner is overseas and there was no service book in the vehicle, so this has me concerned something is not adding up here.
I thought this vents was one of the features of MY17 build TD4 180 HSE. Am I wrong about it?

RE: MY16.5 vs MY17 build - XFullFatTim - 25-10-2020 02:09pm

JLR hasn’t issued stamped service books for some years now - all service records are electronic and if you know the car’s VIN a dealer should be able to download it for you- I’m not sure if you can access it yourself online on the Topix website but if anyone else knows maybe they can advise. I’m out of contact these days with the differences between model years and models but it may be that the vents were only fitted to R-Dynamic models. They aren’t difficult to fit yourself if the car is otherwise right for you. They don’t actual vent anything, they are there as styling add on. You might find a “how to” on the PowerfulUK YouTube channel.

RE: MY16.5 vs MY17 build - Woody179 - 25-10-2020 09:52pm

If you know the VIN you can find the service record via the following link.

https://osh.landrover.com/

RE: MY16.5 vs MY17 build - EarlofEltham - 01-02-2021 10:56pm

(25-10-2020 10:17am)Biker Wrote:  I am looking at buying a 2016 TD4 180 HSE and trying to figure out the exact model as I have some questions that is not adding up.
By the VIN number having an HH and build date of 08/16 I derive this is a MY17 build and not the MY16.5.
Every image I have seen of the MY17 build has the vents on the bonnet which the one I have been looking at does not. The owner is overseas and there was no service book in the vehicle, so this has me concerned something is not adding up here.
I thought this vents was one of the features of MY17 build TD4 180 HSE. Am I wrong about it?

Vents don't relate to a year. They are dependent if the car is a Dynamic Spec or not. The Dynamic is basically just a styling upgrade, which gives a different front and rear bumper, bonnet vents and some differences on the interior leather options.