babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Best Spec for Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Best Spec for Evoque (/Thread-Best-Spec-for-Evoque--13015)

Best Spec for Evoque - Smet - 27-07-2020 09:49pm

Hi, I've placed a deposit on a new 2020 First Edition but I'm having second thoughts for these reasons:

My BMW X5 has an opening pan roof which I like the thought of but don't open it that much. Would I be better off choosing a Dynamic HSE and add the opening pan roof as an extra and sacrifice some of the 1st Edition standard extras instead. Are there any issues with the opening roof? The same spec as the 1st is £4K more which is quite a lot for a sliding pan roof.

Which engine is best, diesel or petrol?

"Which" magazine has placed the new Evoque as a "Don't Buy" due to reliability issues. Is this justified and should I heed their advice and buy a BMW X2 or XC40 instead?

I do love the look of the Evoque.

Any advice and all replies will be gratefully received with thanks.

RE: Best Spec for Evoque - Woody179 - 05-08-2020 07:40pm

I had the same dilemma when i bought my First edition Evoque - should i pay the extra and have the HSE with the opening roof - I decided that even though its a nice option, on my past car I only used the sunroof a handful of times so it was not worth the extra.

I don't know which engine is the best, though I bought the petrol P250 version mostly because I don't do the mileage needed for a diesel and the bad press for diesels at the moment. It's the first petrol engine car i have had for 30 years and it is very responsive.

I purchased my Evoque at the end of March 2020 and have had no problems.