babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided (/Thread-Mudflaps-pics-with-and-without-for-anyone-undecided)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - vcruiser - 28-09-2011 01:57pm

I was about to order in white, but i saw some good pics of it in black, so i switched it up!
I get my black dynamic at the end of october in Canada!

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - lrdaft - 28-09-2011 09:32pm

Is it just me or does the rear af the evoque look a bit like an Austin allegro?LaughingEmbarrassed

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - PAT - 29-09-2011 03:04am

Not for me, prefer the look without the mud flaps.

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - CSJ - 29-09-2011 04:02pm

All about personal preference I guess but I prefer the Prestige with the mudflaps and the Dynamic without.

For me the rounded higher bumper is finished better with the mudflaps but the Dynamic with its different bumper and lower paint line looks better without.

All personal taste tho

Wink

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - Ezandania - 29-09-2011 06:07pm

Thanks for the pics David. The mudflaps does change the appearance quite a bit eh. Fattens up the rear, looks good on the Pure/Prestige, but when fitted on the Dynamic, it seems that you'd need fatter wheels to go with it.

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - hybris - 29-09-2011 06:37pm

No mudflaps on mine. Don't like...

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - cjfp - 17-10-2011 05:24pm

Question reposted for exigejoe

Thinking about getting some mudflaps on the Evoque as it as a tendency for the wheels to shoot up dirt into the side of the vechile. Just wondering if anybody has install mudflaps(from the accessory line)? Are their pre-existing holes already for just a straight easy bolt on or is drilling required? Do i need to remove the wheel in order to install it or can i just use a racket and socket with screw bit head to do the job? Thanks!

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - defender_uk - 17-10-2011 05:29pm

looking forward to the answer too...thinking about getting some...after two days drivinf around home, i can see they are needed....

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - exigejoe - 17-10-2011 05:55pm

I called the dealer and they told me that drilling is required. Look at the inner fender well and found no pre-exisiting hole. So i guess just a little more elbow grease is needed...errr...small weekend project i guess! Pic look good though. functionality and style. Plus its only $80 each set here for each axle.

RE: Mudflaps - pics with and without for anyone undecided - mark_n - 17-10-2011 06:03pm

Yes, for at least one of the front or back, you need to cut a square hole to allow a speednut to be slotted in. No big deal, measure twice cut once.

Best way to cut a square hole in the plastic sill is to drill a pilot hole and then use a cutting drill bit which cuts sideways as you move the drill laterally. I can absolutely guarantee that my square hole (hidden by the mud-flap unless you get it really wrong) will be neater than the dealer's...

FWIW, I intend once I get my car to show step by step instructions with pictures of the mud-flaps and roof rails.

Oh, and by the way, you will definitely need to jack the car up and remove the wheel at each corner.