babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Vehicle Handover - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Vehicle Handover (/Thread-Vehicle-Handover)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Vehicle Handover - blacktrees1 - 21-09-2011 07:31pm

Moderators.. Do you think you could setup a 'sticky' for Handovers? It would be good for people to list things we should check when taking delivery.... just a thought.

RE: Vehicle Handover - vinda - 22-09-2011 12:22am

That's a great suggestion

RE: Vehicle Handover - ant - 22-09-2011 06:29am

Check that you've got a tax disc and the correct number plates!!!
ANTLaughingLaughing
Sorry ytshome!!!Wink

RE: Vehicle Handover - Acwats - 22-09-2011 06:43am

Good idea although I think we have too many stickies.

RE: Vehicle Handover - Tekno - 22-09-2011 07:52am

(22-09-2011 06:43am)Acwats Wrote:  Good idea although I think we have too many stickies.

Ditto - far too many stickies. They're just a bunch of stagnant threads to scroll through to get to the recently-posted ones. (And shouldn't "Where to post your photos" and "advice on posting photos" be one post rather than two?)

Back to handovers - what the hell do they do for 2hrs? I don't particularly want to spend the best part of a morning collecting my car.

RE: Vehicle Handover - GibEvoque - 22-09-2011 08:26am

2hours!!! All i want to do is rock up to the dealer they give me the keys, an evelope with the relevant paper work, and then a wave as I drive away. Reckon that should only take 5 mins.

(forgot that i may need to give the cheque for the balancing amount Wink )

RE: Vehicle Handover - griff - 22-09-2011 09:06am

O.K folks - I've cleaned up the stickies and transferred this one in. Hope that is O.K.
Please use this for describing your handover experience and tips

RE: Vehicle Handover - Alex - 22-09-2011 09:54am

When we collect the vehicle is it advisable to check that every paid accessory is present and in working order? I assume once I go in and sign the paperwork upon collection I'm stating I'm happy with what I have been provided with?

It's just if there is something missing I assume that's grounds to refuse collection as opposed to collecting and perhaps getting a subsequent refund instead.

After recent posts regarding cameras, lights and no action I have a slight distrust in what I may receive.

RE: Vehicle Handover - Charlie - 22-09-2011 10:33am

I would have said a large part of the handover is giving you a going over of the car and what does what. Of course depending on how many gadgets you've ordered. They must assume most people would rather know what does what especially in Tim's case if you head out onto the A40 with a 450 mile journey to do.

Probably one of those things that dealers can't win, if they spend 10 mins with you, we'll moan we've not got much for our 40 odd grand. If you're familiar with a similiar car then worth telling them that at the time. Just my two cents worth.

Tekno, it needs saying. Please don't come on here and moan about everything. Not heard you say anything positive about the forum or anything people post. A couple of times I've replied to you about insurance and numberplates and yesterday when you asked about your 'finish' I (and maybe others) didn't feel like helping you. Everyone on here is very welcome and we look forward to hearing about your Evoque the same as everyone elses but chill out and enjoy the atmosphere on here.

..... back to handovers.

RE: Vehicle Handover - Tekno - 23-09-2011 07:30am

Charlie - if you don't like my posts, just don't read them. Personally, I don't come on here to congratulate and pat the back of a bunch of people I've never met. You won't hear me going "Congrats [user] - great car! LOL You're so lucky mate!"

I'm here do discuss, glean information and, yes, have a good moan about how awful some aspects of this car buying process has been.

But again, if you don't like it, simply don't read it. A lot of forums actually have a function to block users (not sure about this one though).

...back to handovers.