babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Australian Deliveries - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Australian Deliveries (/Thread-Australian-Deliveries)

RE: Australian Deliveries - spif888 - 07-02-2012 01:15pm

RE: Australian Deliveries - Millotte - 07-02-2012 01:30pm

Looks great Chiggy.. Enjoy!

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 07-02-2012 01:47pm

Congradulations Chiggy!!! The Firenze and black roof looks sensational in the Evoque. Must be AWESOME finally driving this stunning machine you have been waiting for. ENJOY!!!

RE: Australian Deliveries - chiggy - 07-02-2012 02:13pm

Thanks guys! Will post up better pics on the weekend.. trying to find a nice place around perth to do a bit of a photoshoot with it.

I actually got the standard 19in wheels that you get with the Tech Pack Upgrade. Looking at getting some Project Kahn RS-Platinum 20" wheels after a couple of months - want to save up for a bit.

The car is absolutely fantastic - clocked up about 290kms in two days although I did drive it to Halls Head/Mandurah today and back.

Freeway driving I believe I got about 7.1l/100kms which is decent and will probably go down once the engine opens up etc.

It really is brilliant and at first I didn't really notice the looks I was getting cause I was just playing with everything in the car... now its quite funny. Was on the freeway and a cop car put their lights on so i changed lanes and slowed down (thought i may have been overspeeding - way too easy to do that in this car), but he went past me and while he was going past me slowed down just a bit to run parallel with me - both cops in the car checked the car out, smiled and then accelerated ahead and then out of distance.

I asked about a few accessories at the dealership and things like illuminated tread plates were close to $900 including fitting! thats just ridiclous - and apparently you can't get roof rails with the panoramic roof?

I do really want to get the dynamic rear bumper, not really worried about the front at the moment but the dynamic rear bumper with the exhaust finishers looks stunning. Might be my next project before the wheels...

RE: Australian Deliveries - spif888 - 07-02-2012 02:23pm

(07-02-2012 02:13pm)chiggy Wrote:  Thanks guys! Will post up better pics on the weekend.. trying to find a nice place around perth to do a bit of a photoshoot with it.

I actually got the standard 19in wheels that you get with the Tech Pack Upgrade. Looking at getting some Project Kahn RS-Platinum 20" wheels after a couple of months - want to save up for a bit.

The car is absolutely fantastic - clocked up about 290kms in two days although I did drive it to Halls Head/Mandurah today and back.

Freeway driving I believe I got about 7.1l/100kms which is decent and will probably go down once the engine opens up etc.

It really is brilliant and at first I didn't really notice the looks I was getting cause I was just playing with everything in the car... now its quite funny. Was on the freeway and a cop car put their lights on so i changed lanes and slowed down (thought i may have been overspeeding - way too easy to do that in this car), but he went past me and while he was going past me slowed down just a bit to run parallel with me - both cops in the car checked the car out, smiled and then accelerated ahead and then out of distance.

I asked about a few accessories at the dealership and things like illuminated tread plates were close to $900 including fitting! thats just ridiclous - and apparently you can't get roof rails with the panoramic roof?

I do really want to get the dynamic rear bumper, not really worried about the front at the moment but the dynamic rear bumper with the exhaust finishers looks stunning. Might be my next project before the wheels...
Nice one

You are very fortunate if you got 19s because the 18s are standard when you upgrade to the tech pack.

Anyway enjoy the ride. Google tread plates or look on Ebay. There are a couple of American and English sites that have the illuminated treadplates listed - most are around the $500 mark.

RE: Australian Deliveries - sethor - 07-02-2012 02:52pm

(07-02-2012 02:23pm)spif888 Wrote:  There are a couple of American and English sites that have the illuminated treadplates listed - most are around the $500 mark.

Should be cheaper than that, Ducksworth have them listed at GBP£220 (AUD$322) + freight.

RE: Australian Deliveries - chiggy - 07-02-2012 03:37pm

or maybe they are 18s in that case...

I'm not entirely sure to be honest... I've just concentrated on getting the car with whatever wheels they come with and then upgrading to ones I want later.

Yeah will look into the treadplates - although I want to figure out if they can be laser etched in anyway - so instead of saying "range rover" they say something else... I'm sure it can be done, just a matter of opening up the tread plate plastic surrounding and then replacing the metal part I guess.

RE: Australian Deliveries - MPK - 07-02-2012 07:22pm

Nice looking car Chiggy! All i can say is enjoy Smile

RE: Australian Deliveries - MartinP - 07-02-2012 07:30pm

That looks very nice indeed Chiggy. Love the red with the black roof. Enjoy!

RE: Australian Deliveries - Barneyridge - 07-02-2012 08:18pm

Nice one Chiggy, enjoy the ride buddy. The car looks awesome