babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Australian Deliveries - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Australian Deliveries (/Thread-Australian-Deliveries)

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 15-12-2011 01:39am

O.k it's the 15th Dec, and their is a few of us who say their Evoques are to be built this month on various dates. So i'm interested in hearing of any change to your Vista status to reflect that your car is being built.
My schedualed build month was originally intended for Nov,then upon missing that, it went to the date of Dec 23rd, and on last check with the dealer (7 days ago), their was no change to this status.
I remember deliberately ordering early (3rd Aug) to give myself every chance of avoiding a build date close to xmas,and getting my car in Jan, but just my luck, they seem to be pushing it to give me the Censored.

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 16-12-2011 01:05pm

(30-11-2011 02:22am)chiggy Wrote:  I just talked to my dealer and I got a confirmed build date of 16th December 2011.

ON TOP OF THE WORLD!!

Also, I have the clearview pack specced on my Pure - i.e. the xenon's etc and he said they have accepted the build no issues!

He's going to send me a VIN printout thing soon!

3VOQU3 - maybe talk to your dealer again and just see what he can do about it? Doesnt make sense considering you ordered yours earlier than mine - unless you paid a deposit after me... or you changed your spec recently...

Hey Chiggy, today was your build date....just interested if you have you checked in for your current status then?

RE: Australian Deliveries - chiggy - 16-12-2011 04:48pm

Hey mate!

yes it was!

well according to a vista printout - accepted build date was today 16th dec 2011.

according to Topix LR, my build date it says, was 11 dec 2011 - which is now confusing me.

factory complete date is apparently 9th Jan! my assumption is that this is when it gets shipping because apparently I have a delivery date of 11th march or something of that kind - which is approximately 8 weeks after it is shipped - assuming this is when it arrives at the dealers.

i have a feeling yours and mine are likely to be shipped together benzina considering yours goes in next week! i doubt they have a daily shipment to AUS. guessing its once every 2 weeks or so!

will probably call the dealer next friday or so just to see how its going or if he's got any news of it yet...

how legendary of LR would it be to provide every customer with a picture of their car once it comes off the production line!

RE: Australian Deliveries - Barneyridge - 16-12-2011 08:34pm

Chiggy, just as a guide (this is going off memory as it is too early on a Saturday morning to be up!) but the shipping info for my car indicated my car was loaded on the Asian Emperor at Southampton at 9:53 on the 6/12/2011. The boat was leaving on the 7/12/2011, arrival at Melbourne on the 9/1/2012 and port kembla on the 11/1/2012. Car built date was 24/11/2011.

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 17-12-2011 01:40am

(16-12-2011 04:48pm)chiggy Wrote:  Hey mate!

yes it was!

well according to a vista printout - accepted build date was today 16th dec 2011.

according to Topix LR, my build date it says, was 11 dec 2011 - which is now confusing me.

factory complete date is apparently 9th Jan! my assumption is that this is when it gets shipping because apparently I have a delivery date of 11th march or something of that kind - which is approximately 8 weeks after it is shipped - assuming this is when it arrives at the dealers.

i have a feeling yours and mine are likely to be shipped together benzina considering yours goes in next week! i doubt they have a daily shipment to AUS. guessing its once every 2 weeks or so!

will probably call the dealer next friday or so just to see how its going or if he's got any news of it yet...

how legendary of LR would it be to provide every customer with a picture of their car once it comes off the production line!

O.k. thanks Chiggy, so i'm assuming you got a VIN number to be able to check Topix, suggesting your car has been built, yes? cause when you get the VIN,your car is built.
With this, i think i'm starting to get a picture of what Vista build date means ,and what Topix LR build date means......
I still might be wrong but i'm thinking the Vista build date means the estimated date the build is completed & and the Topix build date, is the first day the car begins the build.
The reason i think this is because,i was told the car takes 5 days to be built,and your two mentioned dates confirm this. Thats my theory on that anyway.
I think your right in suggesting our cars may ride together on the same ship. My vista build date has been brought forward a few days from 23rd Dec to this Mon 19th,and based on my theory, it is in build as we speak,and should be finished on Monday. Hope i'm right,but it does sound logical.
If this is the case,and we get this same ship,then as far as i know, you should expect delivery late February,cause thats when i have been told mine is being delivered.
Also from Barney's dates, it seems 6-9 weeks (depending on where in Australia you are),from build to delivery seems about where it's at.

RE: Australian Deliveries - chiggy - 17-12-2011 04:44am

Barneyridge: So it only takes a month to get here apparently?

according to my vista printout:

requested build date: 11th dec 2011.
accepted build date: 16th dec 2011.

requested delivery date: 19th march 2012
accepted delivery date: 19th february 2012.

Hence why it's all confusing. my VIN number was on my Vista Printout - have you got yours Benzina?

So you're actually quite right I think, our cars are most likely going to be shipped together and be delivered around the same time - last week of Feb!

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 17-12-2011 05:03am

No VIN number yet chiggy. I would have thought it will appear only when my car's build is complete,but your situation suggests you got it earlier. Chiggy what date did your VIN appear?

RE: Australian Deliveries - Barneyridge - 17-12-2011 10:40am

Chiggy I will double check my dates but I am pretty sure if have recalled them pretty accurately. So yes only a month to be landed. It is then approx 10 days to delivery based on the dates my dealer gave me.

Australian Deliveries - chiggy - 17-12-2011 10:48am

To be honest I only got my visa printout yesterday. So whether i got my vin number on the 11th or the 16th not entirely sure.

I just saw it as part of my vista printout which I received yesterday.

Put it on topix and voila... My car came up with all the options I requested.

Just need to learn how to track shipping etc now.

RE: Australian Deliveries - chiggy - 17-12-2011 05:15pm

ok.

So... recently someone posted up how to track your car's shipping etc. And given that I have a VIN number, i thought I would check what the status was with my car...

And it seems... the car has already been delivered to Southampton ready to be shipped.... and estimated time of departure (ETD) is 18th December - i.e. in 2 days.

Estimated time of Arrival in Fremantle - 16 January 2012....

Can this be true?!