babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Australian Deliveries - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Australian Deliveries (/Thread-Australian-Deliveries)

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 25-11-2011 09:45am

Yeah i remember that one...it was a LHD model. The Firenze red works beautifully with the Evoque. No wonder it's a signature Evoque colour with the Fiji.

RE: Australian Deliveries - Capital - 25-11-2011 10:21pm

OK now I have had a bit more of a chance to drive the car, albeit mostly in the Sydney's rain, here are some more thoughts.

It feels much bigger inside than similar sized cars and the fit and finish is quality. The ride is outstanding and i really like the driving position. I am happy with the auto (especially the flappy paddles) but it probably is one of the few things about the car that is not class leading.

The power of the Si4 is impressive. It feels light and agile and ready to perform.

I am very glad I got the reversing camera as rear vision is probably the other clear area that this car is not at the top of its class.

The size of the boot is better than I expected given the comments I have read in reviews and on this forum. I think it looks better than a Tiguan or a X1 ( both the car overall as well as the bootVery Happy )

One thing that I am disappointed with the Pure is no height adjustment on the passenger seat as i think the seat is set a bit low.

The reaction of others to the car is very positive, both from people I know and from complete strangers who want to have a chat about its features.

I am going on a drive to the southern highlands today to attend a freinds wedding so looking forward to getting the evoque out on the open road.

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 26-11-2011 01:26am

(25-11-2011 10:21pm)Capital Wrote:  OK now I have had a bit more of a chance to drive the car, albeit mostly in the Sydney's rain, here are some more thoughts.

It feels much bigger inside than similar sized cars and the fit and finish is quality. The ride is outstanding and i really like the driving position. I am happy with the auto (especially the flappy paddles) but it probably is one of the few things about the car that is not class leading.

The power of the Si4 is impressive. It feels light and agile and ready to perform.

I am very glad I got the reversing camera as rear vision is probably the other clear area that this car is not at the top of its class.

The size of the boot is better than I expected given the comments I have read in reviews and on this forum. I think it looks better than a Tiguan or a X1 ( both the car overall as well as the bootVery Happy )

One thing that I am disappointed with the Pure is no height adjustment on the passenger seat as i think the seat is set a bit low.

The reaction of others to the car is very positive, both from people I know and from complete strangers who want to have a chat about its features.

I am going on a drive to the southern highlands today to attend a freinds wedding so looking forward to getting the evoque out on the open road.

Does it not have an electric height adjustment button on the seats side?
When i test drove a Pure version,i remember having to manually adjust the seat forward or back,but then i'm sure i remember it had a small rocker switch on the seats base side,that raised and lowered the seat height electrically. Maybe you have missed this, because it has to have a height adjustment,whether manual or electric, and you might find it's electric.

RE: Australian Deliveries - Capital - 26-11-2011 05:39am

(26-11-2011 01:26am)benzina Wrote:  Does it not have an electric height adjustment button on the seats side?
When i test drove a Pure version,i remember having to manually adjust the seat forward or back,but then i'm sure i remember it had a small rocker switch on the seats base side,that raised and lowered the seat height electrically. Maybe you have missed this, because it has to have a height adjustment,whether manual or electric, and you might find it's electric.

Height adjust is electric but only on drivers side. What i was disappointed in is there is no height adjust on front passenger seat in the Pure and i also understand this feature is not standard in the Dynamic, it is only standard on the Prestige. A bit of an oversight in my view, especially on the more expensive Dynamic. The front passenger seat is set fairly low and really not ideal for children or smaller adults. For tis price car both driver and passenger should have height adjust even if just a manual pump.

Looking at the specification list you can not option this on the Pure at all and the only way to get it on the Dynamic is to add the $7k Dynamic plus pack.

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 26-11-2011 06:16am

Ah right!... sorry i missed that. Yeah the window line is quite high on the Evoque, and i agree, they should have put this in as a standard feature for the smaller passengers, including dogs.
My Dynamic has memory seats as standard,but yes,looking at the spec sheet,it seems as you said....the passenger seat lacks the height adjustment.

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 28-11-2011 05:59am

(24-11-2011 06:46am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Benzina, have you got a build date from your dealer. I have a Nov build too (supposedly) but the dealer has no build date yet. Not much time let in November for a build Sad

Barneyridge...i have some good news,and some average news.
The good first....Went to see my dealer today, and he just recieved the build order date for my car, which means yours might be available also.
The average news is....my build date is schedualed for 23/12/11. Dealer says my delivery is now pushed to around mid february.....Ahhh!
The other thing that plays on my mind is that my car is being built right near xmas day,the very thing i wanted to avoid. Will the factory workers start to relax a bit as they near xmas? Will they be feeling a bit hazy from attending some lead up xmas parties, and be just that little less vigilant and diligent?
I hope they are focused and professional.

RE: Australian Deliveries - Barneyridge - 28-11-2011 06:33am

(28-11-2011 05:59am)benzina Wrote:  Barneyridge...i have some good news,and some average news.
The good first....Went to see my dealer today, and he just recieved the build order date for my car, which means yours might be available also.
The average news is....my build date is schedualed for 23/12/11. Dealer says my delivery is now pushed to around mid february.....Ahhh!
The other thing that plays on my mind is that my car is being built right near xmas day,the very thing i wanted to avoid. Will the factory workers start to relax a bit as they near xmas? Will they be a feel a bit hazy from attending some lead up xmas parties, and be just that little less vigilant and diligent?
I hope they are focused and professional.

Argh Nuts Sad ........ I might give the dealer a call tomorrow. If it is that close to the end of the year, I might ask about a Jan build so it is plated 2012. Wonder what the delay will be if ask for a Jan build ?

Like you a bit concerned have the car built over xmas for the same reasons

RE: Australian Deliveries - benzina - 28-11-2011 11:52am

Let us know how you go Barney, i hope for your sake, it's an earlier build for you at least.
I feel a bit annoyed by that news he gave me today.

RE: Australian Deliveries - 3VOQU3 - 29-11-2011 06:22am

Yay another f***** delay

emailed dealer today asking for build date..

originally told mid Jan, then early Feb, then mid Feb, Now late Jan build for mid Mar delivery

Who knows, i might have it for next Christmas.. Makes selling current car so easy... Its like musical dates..

LR you are useless.. I'll start a countdown timer as my signature to the time i will cancel my order.

RE: Australian Deliveries - Evoque U - 29-11-2011 09:00am

Hi al,

Received a phone call today from our dealer, Our build start date is 27th Jan and a delivery of 4 April but was told that was in the worst case and would probably be delivered towards the end of March.

It seems our build request for a Jan build and March delivery is fairly close which is great.