babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Low Battery please Start Engine - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Low Battery please Start Engine (/Thread-Low-Battery-please-Start-Engine)

Low Battery please Start Engine - derekredwards - 29-03-2019 04:34pm

My 2017 Evoque went in for its first service two weeks ago and had a software update following a recall concerning emissions. I now get a daily message up on the display saying low battery please start the engine and stop start no longer works, this seems to be known by Land Rover when I spoke with them and has bee booked in for investigation, has anybody else experienced this

RE: Low Battery please Start Engine - XFullFatTim - 29-03-2019 06:33pm

You need to go for a longish (more than 20 miles )non stop drive, get the engine fully warmed up and let the stop/start battery recharge as that warning is usually a sign that the stop/start battery in the boot is too low. I doubt in an 18 month old car that the special battery has died but you could get the dealership to look at it before the warranty expires. I used to get this in both Evoques and my last RRS every time I went abroad for 3 months with work. The run above always cured the issue unless, yet again, JLR’s software team have not been bench testing fixes for other problems before releasing them.

RE: Low Battery please Start Engine - derekredwards - 29-03-2019 09:56pm

(29-03-2019 06:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You need to go for a longish (more than 20 miles )non stop drive, get the engine fully warmed up and let the stop/start battery recharge as that warning is usually a sign that the stop/start battery in the boot is too low. I doubt in an 18 month old car that the special battery has died but you could get the dealership to look at it before the warranty expires. I used to get this in both Evoques and my last RRS every time I went abroad for 3 months with work. The run above always cured the issue unless, yet again, JLR’s software team have not been bench testing fixes for other problems before releasing them.

I don’t think it’s a run it needs I took it on a long run to Redhill and back last Tuesday 110 mile round trip and on Thursday the low battery message came up this has only happened since the software update 2 weeks ago, never happened before.

RE: Low Battery please Start Engine - mighTTy-RRE - 30-03-2019 09:31am

Sounds like the battery is on it's way out. I got the same message on my 2013 Evoque for a number of months, until I eventually bit the bullet and replaced the battery.

RE: Low Battery please Start Engine - Derek Brown - 01-04-2019 05:52pm

(29-03-2019 04:34pm)derekredwards Wrote:  My 2017 Evoque went in for its first service two weeks ago and had a software update following a recall concerning emissions. I now get a daily message up on the display saying low battery please start the engine and stop start no longer works, this seems to be known by Land Rover when I spoke with them and has bee booked in for investigation, has anybody else experienced this

I had this recently issue during January 2019 on my MY2016; dark mornings, heavy use of ancillaries, heated screens, seats, headlights etc.
I charged the battery, took about seven hours with a domestic type charger. No issues after this.

Derek